vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Vista HCX

Default Garmin Vista HCX

Am looking at investing in a new GPS soon and came across these guys. I have read many good reports about them and the price they have seems to be pretty reasonable as well. They sold out their first shipment and won't be expecting another shipment til August but at this price I can wait til then. The cheapest I have seen so far.

http://www.gpsonsale.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Am looking at investing in a new GPS soon and came across these guys. I have read many good reports about them and the price they have seems to be pretty reasonable as well. They sold out their first shipment and won't be expecting another shipment til August but at this price I can wait til then. The cheapest I have seen so far.

https://www.linkpointcart.net/cgi-bi...85637752R1087E
    You'd be happier with this - and you also get a $50 rebate from Garmin!

(Still haven't figured out clickable links? )

Default Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

By clicking on this link you have just given out your email address to thousands of users. LOL
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Well I have seen the 60csx and I like the smallness of my Vista and with the new high senstivity chip in the new "H" series with the added bonus of the "X" expandable memory card, I will have the best of both worlds... I never did like the 60 series, to me it is just a little too bulky for my taste. Each to his own I guess.

And what did you mean by clickable link, can't you click on it and it brings you to the site? Explain yourself please.....

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Well I have seen the 60csx and I like the smallness of my Vista and with the new high senstivity chip in the new "H" series with the added bonus of the "X" expandable memory card, I will have the best of both worlds... I never did like the 60 series, to me it is just a little too bulky for my taste. Each to his own I guess.
    LOL! All that "bulk" is taken up with features the Vista doesn't have!

(And try your link again - see what you get...)

I've got over 13,000 miles on my CSx and love it

A house is not a home without a cat.

LOL! All that "bulk" is taken up with features the Vista doesn't have!
    Less is more to me though, I like my Vista and the new one will be even better.

Question

Am I correct in reading that with these new units and all their fancy colors and technology and expansion card capability, that you are still limited to 1000 waypoints? Seems kind of dumb to have all that extra storage and not be able to load several thousand waypoints to the card.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Am I correct in reading that with these new units and all their fancy colors and technology and expansion card capability, that you are still limited to 1000 waypoints? Seems kind of dumb to have all that extra storage and not be able to load several thousand waypoints to the card.
    Don't understand why Garmin does this, but if you load a file of waypoints (caches) from GSAK (for example), you are limited to 1,000. But you can use Garmin's Points of Interest (POI) loader software to load a file containing as many "waypoints" as your unit's memory will hold.

The trouble is, getting the POI to reflect the geocache icon. I've done it before, but I can't explain how. Once you get the POI to reflect the geocache icon, it will show as a geocache and not as another point of interest.

Yeah - this probably sounds confusing, but it's a start to the discussion! LOL!

I think if more geocachers just wrote to Garmin and asked them to up the geocache waypoints to unlimited, with the expandable memory that is available now, then they just might catch on. I know others who use the POI loader as a way to store geocache waypoints but like Bruce stated it seems to be a bit confusing as to how it is done.