vb:literal>

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The long awaited "Return of the ORCA"

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . I'm thinking one f those throw-away cell phones, flare gun, cold weather survival suit, etc. . . . of course these prizes will only go out to Jeep owners . . . well Jeep owners and Magellan users.
    lol, why does that all sound like stuff you can take from the fire station...

i was thinkin stuff along those lines (off road/adventure oriented) maybe get tow straps (for being towed) for non jeep owners and pull straps (for pulling) for the jeep owners... awww jeeze... why don't ya just get AAA memberships... lol, I haven't looked into it yet, but I was thinking one of those jump start emergency kits, that has the battery booster and roadside emergency stuff in it, I think I saw them at cabelas a few months back for pretty cheap. Map & Compass would be good for the magellan users (but they would have to come with very detailed instructions...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Yeah certainly all those Magellan users can use all the survival gear that they can get cause they never know when they will get lost.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Yeah certainly all those Magellan users can use all the survival gear that they can get cause they never know when they will get lost.
    It gives me an idea for a new cache event!! it could be along the lines of geocaching/giving practice to search & rescue crews, it can be called, "The Magellan/Jeep-a-thon" get lost, get stuck, and get rescued! the Magellan/Jeep-a-thon; Where you are the cache...

Been looking forward to this one coming up. Missed it last year due to moving. Question on your definition of off-road capable? Are we talking functioning 4x4 with tires that are not bald? Or are we talking 6 inch body lifts, woolly boogers and a snorkel?

If I promise to bring home-brew to the camping portion of the event can I attend even though I drive a Mercury AND use a Magellan?
    Any day caching is a good day.

Default It's all good

After you said "Bring home brew" the rest was just "blah, blah, blah.....
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    Been looking forward to this one coming up. Missed it last year due to moving. Question on your definition of off-road capable? Are we talking functioning 4x4 with tires that are not bald? Or are we talking 6 inch body lifts, woolly boogers and a snorkel?

If I promise to bring home-brew to the camping portion of the event can I attend even though I drive a Mercury AND use a Magellan?
    4x4 with good tires, that has some clearance, we won't be doing anything that requires winching (hopefully) or turning on the bilge pump (hopefully) Take a look at some of the pics on this site and on the old event page (my avatar is a pic that was taken from the last event, the second day of the trip was the best wheeling)

homebrew is always good but the campground is a very laid back quiet place that we don't want to tick off... (or as FFJ puts it, to be "CFH/Campers from Hell" so we'd like to keep all that to a responsible minimum)

But all are welcome to show up for the event, even if ya don't have a 4x4, I'm sure somone will have an open seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    After you said "Bring home brew" the rest was just "blah, blah, blah.....

mmmmmmmmm... home brew... (I liked the home brew rick had at his event...)

Thanks for the clarification on the 4x4. Looks like the Mountaineer could handle it. Sounds like a fun event. Going to make every effort to attend. Looking forward to meeting more of the people from this group.
    Any day caching is a good day.

I think without home brew - you could just bring a balloon kit from Sam's and there would be some good laughs!

Wished it wasn't my class reunion - arghhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the 4x4. Looks like the Mountaineer could handle it. Sounds like a fun event. Going to make every effort to attend. Looking forward to meeting more of the people from this group.
    you should have no problems... (as long as it's not lowered with spinning chrome rims and speakers the size of beach balls)

(don't forget to RSVP on the cache page if you are planning on coming)