vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Posts

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Wow, I don't know where this came from. Do you know something different that I don't?
    Sheesh is right! It's always been that way, Rick! This is one of the reasons we spent so much time talking about what we were going to call it - "advisory" being the operative word.

I'll send you the link to the discussions.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Thumbs up So glad you stopped by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    All of this is why I only come to this site once a month or so.

I'll be back sometime in March to see what's new.

Have fun Boys and girls ..... NO BITING OR KICKING!
    I was actually just thinking to myself today that I hadn't seen you in here lately. Nor at any recent events. Hope you stop by Big G's on Saturday. It will be good to see you.
    Happy Trails!

Default Mapachi

I am trying to coax him into letting me bring him to WWWWWWWW as my "date." We'll see.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I am trying to coax him into letting me bring him to WWWWWWWW as my "date." We'll see.
    You two are sitting on the grooms side I hope

Default And while you were here.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    All of this is why I only come to this site once a month or so.

I'll be back sometime in March to see what's new.

Have fun Boys and girls ..... NO BITING OR KICKING!
    .....I hope you voted for the board members.

And, for goodness sake, I hope you didn't vote for dubord207. I mean, OMG, he's a *LAWYER* after all!!!!

Besides, I need more votes than he does.

Default Okay, my turn for a question.

If I create a forum thread, can I moderate it myself? I know I did a serious post on Winter Camping and wanted input. Mainiac1957 was on the right track with a post, and it swayed slightly after that. At this point I see no reason to delete any posts, but if I want add to the post and have it refocus on the topic, it would be real nice to take out the posts that don't stay on topic. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    If I create a forum thread, can I moderate it myself? I know I did a serious post on Winter Camping and wanted input. Mainiac1957 was on the right track with a post, and it swayed slightly after that. At this point I see no reason to delete any posts, but if I want add to the post and have it refocus on the topic, it would be real nice to take out the posts that don't stay on topic. Just a thought.
    I don't think the forum software can be set up that way, and it'd probably be abused by some if it were possible. But feel free to request in the thread you want it to stay on topic and Rick or myself can help from that point. Maybe a method can be worked up, like if you wanted a topic to be moderated for topic, "OT:" could be added before th thread title. I'll have to see what Rick thinks, maybe he has a better idea.
    Last edited by brdad; 02-15-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    I was the poster who took the topic off post. I am sorry about that and have sent an email apologizing to Kaching Karen. I must admit, I am not sure when it is okay to be playful and when I must absolutely be on post. In reading through other topics, there seems to be a fair amount of off post comments which have added to the sense of familiiarity and community, and others that have been hostile and disruptive and many in between. Are there guidelines to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I was the poster who took the topic off post. I am sorry about that and have sent an email apologizing to Kaching Karen. I must admit, I am not sure when it is okay to be playful and when I must absolutely be on post. In reading through other topics, there seems to be a fair amount of off post comments which have added to the sense of familiiarity and community, and others that have been hostile and disruptive and many in between. Are there guidelines to follow?
    It helps if the thread originator says in the original post that they want it to stay on topic. If that's missing, sometimes someone will ask that the posts stay on topic as they begin to stray. Other times, once it's gone astray, another post will gently nudge it back in the right direction. That post might come from just about anyone.

In a nutshell, feel free to toss a little light banter in any thread that seems it would be okay to. Others, try to stay on topic. You'll get a better feel for it as you go.

In the mean time, some people will pay you money to derail any threads started by either dubord207 or Ekidokai.

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    And your apology is accepted....

I'll be nudging that forum back to topic soon. I think it's an important one.