vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Season

Exclamation Off limits to hunting....

4. Wildlife Sanctuaries and certain Wildlife Management Areas. Unless otherwise specifically provided, it is unlawful to hunt or trap any wild animal or wild bird within the limits of any wildlife sanctuary, any area properly posted by the State of Maine, or within the following described territories:

-Back Bay Sanctuary, Portland
    -Baxter State Park closed to all hunting except: The area north of Trout Brook in T6R9; in T6R10 or T2R9 and T2R10 where hunting is allowed.
    -Beauchamp Sanctuary (See page 16 for information on bow and arrow hunting)
    -Carver’s Pond Waterfowl Sanctuary
    -Colby College Area, Waterville
    -Drake’s Island Game Sanctuary
    -Dry Pond Sanctuary (Crystal Lake)
    -Fairfield Sanctuary*
    -Glencove Sanctuary
    -Gray Game Sanctuary
    -Hog Island Game Sanctuary
    -Jefferson & Whitefield Sanctuary
    -Kineo Point Sanctuary
    -Limington, Hollis, Waterboro Sanctuary
    -Lowell E. Barnes Area, Oxford County
    -Marsh Island Area,* Old Town,
    -Orono— Penobscot County
    -Megunticook Lake and Vicinity Sanctuary
    -Merrymeeting Bay Game Sanctuary
    -Monroe Island Game Sanctuary
    -Moosehead Lake Game Sanctuary
    -Moosehorn Game Sanctuary
    -Narragansett Game Sanctuary*
    -Oak Grove Area, Vassalboro
    -Ocean Park Game & Bird Sanctuary
    -Orrington Game Sanctuary
    -Pittston Farm Sanctuary
    -Prout’s Neck; Richmond’s Island;
    -Cape Elizabeth Sanctuary* (see page 16).
    -Rangeley Game Sanctuary
    -Rangeley Lake Sanctuary
    -Rangeley Plantation Sanctuary
    -Readfield and Winthrop Sanctuary
    -Salmon Pond Sanctuary
    -Sebago Lake Basin Area, Standish, Windham
    -Somerset Game Sanctuary
    -Standish Sanctuary
    -Stanwood Wildlife Sanctuary, Ellsworth
    -Steve Powell WMA (Swan Island), Richmond
    -Thorncrag - Stanton Bird Sanctuary
    -Tomhegan Game Sanctuary
    -Wells Sanctuary
    -Wells & York Game Sanctuary
    -Willow Water Game Sanctuary
    -Woodbury Sanctuary, Litchfield, Monmouth
    -York Game Sanctuary, Franklin County

*Trapping allowed in accordance with the general laws of the State.

General hunting, except where specifically prohibited, is allowed from October 1 – April 30. Hunting and trapping shall take place in conformity with the laws of the State of Maine, rules of the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, and local ordinances. Trapping on State park or historic site land in organized townships requires the written permission of the Bureau. There will be no hunting allowed on State park lands or restricted zone of the Allagash Wilderness Waterway, between May 1 and September 30.
    • Hunting is not allowed in any Memorial or Historic Site.
    • Hunting is not allowed at Andrews Beach; that portion of Bradbury Mountain State Park west of State Route 9; Cobscook Bay; Crescent Beach and Kettle Cove; Damariscotta Lake; Ferry Beach; Holbook Island Sanctuary; Nickerson Lake; Owls Head Light; that portion of Quoddy Head within 1,000 feet of the lighthouse; Reid, Sebago Lake, Shackford Head, Two Lights, and Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Parks.
    • Work areas and areas with significant public use may be posted and closed to hunting from time to time in the interest of public safety.
    • The discharging of any weapons from or within 300 feet of any designated trail, picnic area, camping area, campsite, parking area, building, boat launching site or other developed area or bridge is prohibited. Loaded weapons are not allowed on the treadway of any trail posted “Closed to hunting”.
    • The baiting of any animal for the purpose of hunting is not allowed.
    For more information, please call
    (207) 287-3821, TTY (207) 287-2213

or write to the

Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
    22 State House Station
    Augusta, Maine 04333-0022.

This information copied from The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife

Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Exclamation Belgrade Regional Conservation Alliance

Haffy has a cache French's Mountain, on Belgrade Reg. Conservation Lands, and I contacted them this week to find out about hunting in the area. They follow this rule.

• The discharging of any weapons from or within 300 feet of any designated trail, picnic area, camping area, campsite, parking area, building, boat launching site or other developed area or bridge is prohibited. Loaded weapons are not allowed on the treadway of any trail posted “Closed to hunting”.

So I have edited the attributes to include hunting in the area. I was asked to use common sense when in the area during hunting season and wear something like a hat that was blaze orange, and keep any pets on a leash.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post

• Loaded weapons are not allowed on the treadway of any trail posted “Closed to hunting”.
    Does this include concealed carry?

Default Does not mention specifically

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Does this include concealed carry?
    This section I copied was complete and it only mentioned " loaded fire arms " as a general statement. I would assume it means ALL fire arms.

Here is the link to the laws: http://www.maine.gov/ifw/laws_rules/...ping/index.htm

in the pdf file it is on page 33.

I have contacted the State Of Maine Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. And their answer is, that a concealed weapons permit is still a firearm and cannot be discharged, in the listed areas, or carried loaded. I still have to contact the Southern Regional office to verify this. I'll let you know.

My mind is a loaded weapon . . . unfortunately I have the wrong sized ammo.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    My mind is a loaded weapon . . . unfortunately I have the wrong sized ammo.
    Best one liner of the day award....goes to FFJ

Default Back to the hunting thread......

I was unable today to get an answer to Dave1976's question on whether or not a concealed weapon could be carried on the treadway of any trail that was posted " closed to hunting" . I have to get in touch with the game warden service and the phones in Gray were not working today.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Best one liner of the day award....goes to FFJ
    LOL! I agree. FFJ, was that truly an original or did you borrow it?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    LOL! I agree. FFJ, was that truly an original or did you borrow it?
    Oh, I'm all original . . . one of a kind . . . which is good since the world really could not handle another Firefighterjake.

That said, while I think it's original, it is entirely possible that I may have stumbled across that at some point in the past and just filed it away . . . sounds too good for me to come up with that one on my own . . . but you never know I do have moments of great insight and wisdom . . . however I think the last moment of great insight and wisdom though occurred back in July 1982.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Oh, I'm all original . . . one of a kind . . . which is good since the world really could not handle another Firefighterjake.

That said, while I think it's original, it is entirely possible that I may have stumbled across that at some point in the past and just filed it away . . . sounds too good for me to come up with that one on my own . . . but you never know I do have moments of great insight and wisdom . . . however I think the last moment of great insight and wisdom though occurred back in July 1982.
    And how was that wisdom enhanced????
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?