vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nominations for board members

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    I had posted this earlier, but it seems to have been missed, so here it is again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chadd Roper (Serious Tool) has consented to allow me to nominate him to serve on the board.

Chadd is a fearless advocate who loves geocaching and abhors hypocrisy and double standards. His contributions to geocaching in Southern Maine cannot be questioned and his seriousness of purpose is known to all.

I endorse his candidacy.

Ed

I'll second Chadd's nomination.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    how long will nominations be taken? when is the vote and have we heard from all the current members as to their willingness to stay?

yes iam just full of questions hehe
    Nominations will be taken until January 29th at 12 PM. Elections will be set up shortly after and the votes will be tallied.

Yes, all the current board members have spoken. The first post in this thread is regularly updated with who is in and who is not. Look at that and you will see the current standings.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default SoMe geocachers

Maine is a big state and I believe, as in many other states, there is room for more than one organization...not trying to compete or divide people, just trying to serve our communities...no exclusivity, not a separate forum site...just another way to bring people together through Coffee Meets, Beer get-togethers and Georallys...no rhetoric, just fun. I would love to participate in a georally and not organize it...whether it was southern, mid-coast, or northern...

I don't care that several years ago that there was a dust up between the north and the south. People that keep trying to infuse a difference between any of us is despicable. There is no difference between us except in your minds. The biggest problems with these events is distance.

Any attempts at encouraging or exploiting a difference is terrible. In the entire time I have been a part of geocaching I have never heard anyone say anything about a northern Maine geocachers group. However there is quit a few that have sponsored and supported SoMe geocachers. (Southern Maine geocachers).

As far as I can see there has been nothing but an inclusive effort by the board members and people above the Augusta line and a lot of separatist rhetoric from the those below that supposed line.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    In the entire time I have been a part of geocaching I have never heard anyone say anything about a northern Maine geocachers group.
    Sheesh! I don't think there have ever been more than 5-6 members of GeocachingMaine.org from northern Maine. If there are enough geocachers in northern Maine to establish another geocaching organization, go for it, I say! LOL!

We've been caching in northern Maine many times. We especially like to stay at the Northeastland Hotel in Presque Isle. They serve a GREAT Caesar salad (along with the steak)! (And RULost2? likes their "chocolate martinis" )

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Nominations will be taken until January 29th at 12 PM. Elections will be set up shortly after and the votes will be tallied.

Yes, all the current board members have spoken. The first post in this thread is regularly updated with who is in and who is not. Look at that and you will see the current standings.
    thanks.....i hadnt seen the updates
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

We are straying off topic here and I have contributed as well. But this thread is for nominating board members.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Is that noon or midnight??

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    Is that noon or midnight??
    Well, I guess PM means noon. Most likely an oversight by the board, but I say if we say 12 PM it'll be 12 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I can be bought . . . my vote will go to the member with the campaign promise/slogan . . .

"And to each of my supporters . . . a Garmin Oregon in every pot."

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You do not have to be a board member or donate financially to make this site/group better!
    Absolutely not! Until the finances are public I discourage folks from making donations. All other non-profits must account for and make their info public. I am NOT accusing anyone of mishandling funds. I do however, think that in order to keep someone in the future from being accused of mishandling funds the info needs to be public.

Sorry to take thread further off topic.
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!