vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Wide Flash Mob-The Maine Event

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    The one thing I can think of that would have made this weekends event more interesting is if it had been held at a location visible to a larger number of muggles. Where that would be would depend on the day of the week and time of year I would guess. In the right environment, it would neat to see a number of muggles join in just to see what was going on.
    How bout the middle of the bangor mall on black friday at 8am....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Cascade park on a nice warm day (gotta wait a while for one of those, but you get the idea).
    Maybe in front of the Union at UMaine during finals week

Quote Originally Posted by we3beans View Post
    that was one of the things i was thinking anyway. maybe we could do it inside a wal-mart (joking, but it would be funny!)?
    Maybe not inside, but, outside might work - we could even bring a camper LOL

There are loads of places and ideas I am sure - the posting Host or Hostess gets to pick.........

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    The one thing I can think of that would have made this weekends event more interesting is if it had been held at a location visible to a larger number of muggles. Where that would be would depend on the day of the week and time of year I would guess. In the right environment, it would neat to see a number of muggles join in just to see what was going on.

There's a nice patch of lawn right next to the Bangor Police Station.

Although to be serious for a minute . . . what about downtown near the Bent Washer?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

You'd have to have a mighty good GPS that had perfect coordinates to be able to find a bent washer. I had a enough time finding the river.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    You'd have to have a mighty good GPS that had perfect coordinates to be able to find a bent washer. I had a enough time finding the river.
    Trust me . . . you can't miss it . . . it's about 6 feet or so in diameter . . . and if that doesn't help just follow Hiram357 (it's right between two Irish pubs in downtown Bangor).
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Trust me . . . you can't miss it . . . it's about 6 feet or so in diameter . . . and if that doesn't help just follow Hiram357 (it's right between two Irish pubs in downtown Bangor).
    so in order to find the cache you have to lay face down on the sidewalk????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post

Although to be serious for a minute . . . what about downtown near the Bent Washer?
    I didn't know it was called the bent washer. I thought it was the spot that delinquent kids poured their extra laundry soap, foaming up the fountain.

Talking 1 in 83 chance

The live report that I called in from this event to podcacher.com made it's debut today on Show #138. Make sure to check it out!

www.podcacher.com

yet another thing that dial up can't do. Or at least in 50 minutes of waiting time.