vb:literal>

Thread: GSAK finds not matching Geocaching.com

Default GSAK finds not matching Geocaching.com

I ran my stats after finding 4 caches today and noticed that my GSAK finds are at 840 and geocaching.com says 839. I have not duplicated anything as far as I am aware. Is there a quick way to figure out what is wrong. Is it possible someone deleted one of my logs?

One of the columns you can add in gsak is called "Found Count." Once you add that you'll see the number "1" in all but one of you gsak finds. One will have a "2" and that's the one you have a double log on in geocaching.com. Then you can just go in and delete one of your logs.Click tools, then options then display and put a check in the found count box.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I ran my stats after finding 4 caches today and noticed that my GSAK finds are at 840 and geocaching.com says 839. I have not duplicated anything as far as I am aware. Is there a quick way to figure out what is wrong. Is it possible someone deleted one of my logs?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Thanks Dan. I just did that and I have all "1"s in there. Looks like something might have been deleted. Any ideas on how to figure out what is missing?

just wondering...does GSAK use events and waymarks like geocaching.com does to get the total number??
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Events count as caches. Benchmarks are counted separately.

That's the extent of my knowledge of this. I'll defer to brdad as I'm guessing he can solve this one.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

You can use a similar process to determine if it is a deleted log, and what log it is:

If you have not recently updated your finds database with your finds PQ, do so.
    Enable and sort the Last GPX Update column

All but one of the caches should be the same date, and the leftover cache will have an older date.

If that doesn't work, we'll try something else...

If a cache owner deletes a log, you should have received a notification, at least it used to work that way, been a while since I have had one deleted. If a cache owner wrongly deletes a log, you can explain to contact@geocaching.com and they can re-enable the log (Logs don't get deleted, they just get hidden).
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You rock! That found it. The weird thing is that it is one of my buddy GeoSkeffs' caches. I emailed him to see what is up but I am sure he didn't delete it. I may have to go the route of contacting gc.com to see if something got screwed up there. Thanks again!