vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October 6th and 7th

Default October 6th and 7th

I wanted to take a poll from people and also at the same time see if the weekend of October 6th and 7th would be a good weekend to host an event. Tink and I are planning an event right now and fine tuning some details on it and want to see if that is a good weekend for everyone?

We are not saying anything about the event yet. We are tossing around two different ideas right now. Once we decide we will let everyone know. We are having a hard time trying to find a location for the event. We have our house as a last resort, but would like to host it someplace else. Brdad had another location for us also but with everything we have planned the Bangor area may be to hard to get everything set up before the event. We would like to find a location someplace between our house and Waterville if possible,

Here is what we are looking for if anyone knows of someplace with these items then please let me know. We would like to have a place all to ourselves.
    Places for group tenting.
    Gazebo or an enclosed facility in case of rain.
    A field so we can set up some kids games and events.
    Woods with some type of trails.
    A place for a camp fire at night.

We promise that it will be as good as our Summer Event and maybe even better.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    We promise that it will be as good as our Summer Event and maybe even better.
    That depends on if Tink is making brownies or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    That depends on if Tink is making brownies or not.
    Doesn't Tink always make brownies for our events .
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Doesn't Tink always make brownies for our events .
    as long as she leave's the whipped cream at home!! (my hat still smells funny...)

I think later in the month would work out better for us (but we'd still do our best to make it if ya had it in the first weeks)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wink what's his is hers and what's hers is hers

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    as long as she leave's the whipped cream at home!! (my hat still smells funny...)

I think later in the month would work out better for us (but we'd still do our best to make it if ya had it in the first weeks)
    eh hem! it's my hat!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Too bad I'm down here in SC, the Elk's facility that we had our first organizational meeting would be a great place for it. A great outdoor building with facilities and there is a fire pit and we have used the field for camping as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Too bad I'm down here in SC, the Elk's facility that we had our first organizational meeting would be a great place for it. A great outdoor building with facilities and there is a fire pit and we have used the field for camping as well.
    Well then it looks like you will have to come back up here for this event then Haffy.
    Blazing Troll

Unhappy I can't do early in the month either

I am away the first two weekends in Oct. The weekend of the 20th would be the first one I'd be able to make. I definitely would make it too. If that doesn't work then too bad for me.
    Happy Trails!

Columbus weekend would be great but any one works for us at this point. Didn't some guy post a while back that he was planning a camping event that weekend?
    Slowly but surely

The first couple of weekends are out for me too, not sure about the third one yet.