vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamberlain Lake trains

Default Chamberlain Lake trains

I am so excited. I am heading to Jackman this weekend again snowmobiling. Last weekend was the best snowmobiling I have ever experience in my whole life in the state of Maine. We may not have much down here anymore but it is well over 50 inches of snow up there. The exciting part about going this weekend is the group I am going with is going to head of to the Chamberlain Lake trains and check them out if all goes well. I missed out on the trip a couple of years ago when I was scheduled to go with a group during the summer months and had to work at the last minute. It will be even better going in on snowmobile. The things you see in remote areas on a snowmobile are spectacular and amazing at times, backpacking and hiking remote place is even better.

Its a shame that the cache there is no longer active. Hmm, maybe I could place another cache in the area there while I am up there. That is a thought.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Its a shame that the cache there is no longer active. Hmm, maybe I could place another cache in the area there while I am up there. That is a thought.
    You're kidding right..... ??????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    You're kidding right..... ??????
    Kidding about what?
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Here is the link to the cache page

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...d-5b10835d42f5

Some where here in this web site there is a conversation about the cache. It was made very clear that caches are not welcome in the AWW, since it might mean that you step off the beaten path once and awhile. Although, hunting and fishing and logging are welcomed activities we all know that cachers do more damage then a skidder.

While I think putting another cache in the AWW, I think that it would be tough to get it publish since we have had extensive conversations about getting the old cache put back and we where shot down.

d’76 Guest

Heres the link to the conversation that was on going for a bit here at gcmaine

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...light=allagash

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Here is the link to the cache page

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...d-5b10835d42f5

Some where here in this web site there is a conversation about the cache. It was made very clear that caches are not welcome in the AWW, since it might mean that you step off the beaten path once and awhile. Although, hunting and fishing and logging are welcomed activities we all know that cachers do more damage then a skidder.

While I think putting another cache in the AWW, I think that it would be tough to get it publish since we have had extensive conversations about getting the old cache put back and we where shot down.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Heres the link to the conversation that was on going for a bit here at gcmaine

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...light=allagash

hence my response... (i was just too lazy to go diggin any of that stuff up, thanks dave)

Ha ha--I was just thinking about the trains, planning out some spring trips. Can you actually drive to them w/o getting the MIB called down on you? A cache would be great, but I'd just like to show them to the child--I remember Dad taking us to see them 35 or so years ago.

Default You can drive close

A mile and a half walk each way from the parking. It's best not to mention at the gate that you are going in there. Just tell them you a going bird watching or something.
    Happy Trails!

There is no going through the gate on this trip. There is a groomed snowmobile trail that goes right to the trains. It is a maintained trail. That means there is no illegal access to them on this part as mentioned by Marilyn Tourtelotte of the Manager, Allagash Wilderness Waterway. It can not be illegal if there are trail maps and groomed trails telling people how to get there.

Now in the summer time it may be a different story.

Now the question is this. Since it is not illegal during the winter would it be legal to make it a winter cache and a winter cache only and disable it during the summer?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    There is no going through the gate on this trip. There is a groomed snowmobile trail that goes right to the trains. It is a maintained trail. That means there is no illegal access to them on this part as mentioned by Marilyn Tourtelotte of the Manager, Allagash Wilderness Waterway. It can not be illegal if there are trail maps and groomed trails telling people how to get there.

Now in the summer time it may be a different story.

Now the question is this. Since it is not illegal during the winter would it be legal to make it a winter cache and a winter cache only and disable it during the summer?
    That would be worth looking into, do you have any contacts with the people from the AWW to find out???