vb:literal>

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The CENTUM Challenge, GC1KCQW

It could be the Nuvi. We were sent to a footbridge once and expected to cross. And yes, we were in Automotive mode. I think there used to be a vehicle Bridge there but it wasn't updated.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I wondered if it was the Nuvi only because the Tom Tom was choosing different routes quite often. The NH Centum Challenge was a great deal of fun with great people! I am glad I was a part of it. The pictures of Dan's encounter with the law will follow as soon as I get things logged in.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Default Nuvi Nuances

My Nuvi has the last maps ( for a whopping 70 bucks ) but is there a way to avoid the wrong side of the river deal? I got to see some FLP property on the west side of the river looking for one of Bruce's caches so I'm guessing Bruce knows the problem well. I just got bumped out of geocaching.com with a message "Server is too busy." What the heck does that mean? I was on cache log #82 on yesterday's Centum and was anxioius to get that done as the logging is harder then the finding!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    It's note the Nuvi - it's the maps.

One of our complaints about Garmin's maps is that they'll lead you to the closest point to a cache, even if it is on the other side of the river. LOL!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I just got bumped out of geocaching.com with a message "Server is too busy." What the heck does that mean? I was on cache log #82 on yesterday's Centum and was anxioius to get that done as the logging is harder then the finding!
    Typical weekend once again,,,,even the forum has been acting up lately,I tried getting on there this morning and got the same busy message. They certainly need to clean up their act or they are going to be losing alot more of their premium members.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

With so many more members joining and placing and logging finds the servers just can't keep up with it. But sometimes just one of the servers is bunged up and you can just log into one of the other server(s). For example, if you are having trouble, try c3po.groundspeak.com or r2d2.groundspeak.com
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    With so many more members joining and placing and logging finds the servers just can't keep up with it.
    Even on GeocachingMaine.org, we're still getting at least one new member every day - and that doesn't include the spammers! LOL!

And when you're logging 30/40/50/100 caches every day, that ties up the GC.com server BIG TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Even on GeocachingMaine.org, we're still getting at least one new member every day - and that doesn't include the spammers! LOL!

And when you're logging 30/40/50/100 caches every day, that ties up the GC.com server BIG TIME!
    Yep, as the main page says, at least today:

There are 831,349 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 673,303 new logs written by 86,155 account holders.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yep, as the main page says, at least today:

There are 831,349 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 673,303 new logs written by 86,155 account holders.
    ...and how many cache queries/page views are there per actual log entries? Busy place.

Default Holy crap!

I know how that poor machine feels. I was helping Hollora yesterday so I didn't do much computer work. I just finished up reading 961 messages. They are still coming in.

thought some folks might be interested in this as well (since we are the topic of 100 caches in a day)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...c-b91cc0aea813
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas