vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Maine Pirate Quest

Unhappy bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    September 19th should be the date forthe Pirate Quest! While browsing the internet I found this for all you land-lubbers. I thought it was kind of funny, considering I quote this guy each time I post something here. Too bad I can't make it to the event.... oh well, I'll practice being a pirate on September 19th.

http://www.miamiherald.com/283/story/100129.html
    Aw! we're going to miss you, KK
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

The sponsorship information for the Maine Pirate Quest will go to print soon. I just wanted to give anyone a chance to get on board as an event sponsor...for more details, just ask me or Hollora. Thanks in advance!

We have a lot going on for this event and hope that you all will make it....I can assure you that we will do our very best to ensure that you have a good time!!!

I'm gonna try not to stress too much about it though. (so much to do, so little time....I have this, and this, and that...ohhh...and that....and ohhh...man, I still have to do this....) Too late!

Just to respond to a few inquiries with the rain tonight - the event will be a go. For new folks - this is an inside event. We should be all set on plates, napkins, utensils, cups and the like. Pot luck food (be creative - a variety is welcome - Chef contest but you do not have to participate), some folks are bringing soda & water to supplement the punch and there will be decaf coffee. Games, fun, socialization, caching talk, meeting people (please introduce yourself around), and of course lots of trackables to discover and some to move on.

Just a reminder - there will be a treasure hunt for Cache Maine and hollora's coins - follow the directions to discover them - all - cool icons. These are not to be taken.

The Trackables area is where to drop off, discover and pick up trackables to move on. If you take a trackable to move, please be mindful of the mission if it is available to read. There will not be a sign in/sign out sheet for trackables at this event. Everyone is on their honor to drop, retrieve, move on and log trackables. If you do not know how to do this - please ask - there are loads of folks who will be willing to help you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just to respond to a few inquiries with the rain tonight - the event will be a go. For new folks - this is an inside event. We should be all set on plates, napkins, utensils, cups and the like. Pot luck food (be creative - a variety is welcome - Chef contest but you do not have to participate), some folks are bringing soda & water to supplement the punch and there will be decaf coffee. Games, fun, socialization, caching talk, meeting people (please introduce yourself around), and of course lots of trackables to discover and some to move on.

Just a reminder - there will be a treasure hunt for Cache Maine and hollora's coins - follow the directions to discover them - all - cool icons. These are not to be taken.

The Trackables area is where to drop off, discover and pick up trackables to move on. If you take a trackable to move, please be mindful of the mission if it is available to read. There will not be a sign in/sign out sheet for trackables at this event. Everyone is on their honor to drop, retrieve, move on and log trackables. If you do not know how to do this - please ask - there are loads of folks who will be willing to help you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
    arg, i be lookin arg foward arg to it arg!

and i be bringing Capt. Hirams Magic Fruit Cake!!! It's sure to put wind in yer sails! arg!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Have fun!

Have fun everyone at the Pirate Quest. I'll be caching with my sister and parents (Mumsbee and the Old Drone) here in Nova Scotia!

I was really bumming when I realized this was on the same date and the Maine Appalachian Trail annual meeting. I was so looking forward to this even since I missed it last year. There is no sense in saying have a good time because I know you all will but have a great time.
    Blazing Troll

Wake Up Cachers,It's Pirate Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you all in a few hours !!!!!!!!
    Opalsns

The day is finally here....we are all loaded and ready to head out soon. It's going to be a fun day. Even with the rain, the pirate spirits are high.... LOL

I'm headed out in about an hour!! See everyone this afternoon!!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGG.

translated ... WWUUUUUUU HHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUU