vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PN-40 Questions

Default PN-40s

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    That seems to be a common problem with that unit. I read somewhere else that 2 or three other people had that happen to them right out of the box.
    I bought IAMPAW's old PN-20. I knew that worked since she's the # 8 top cacher in Maine! And I like it. I was thinking of getting a PN-40 but now maybe I'll wait until she sells hers to me (she's had no problems so far). Nothing worse than going out for a fun day of caching and your GPS won't work!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default It's in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Buy a jeep!

I turn 40 next year. I have my wife convinced that a Jeep would be a great way to handle the midlife crisis
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I bought IAMPAW's old PN-20. I knew that worked since she's the # 8 top cacher in Maine! And I like it. I was thinking of getting a PN-40 but now maybe I'll wait until she sells hers to me (she's had no problems so far). Nothing worse than going out for a fun day of caching and your GPS won't work!
    I would not let word of a few problems keep you from getting a PN-40. Every GPS has had problems with them. If you search back through the GC forum achieves I am sure you can verify that. I have a PN-20 and a PN-40 and I have not had any problems with my PN-40 or my PN-20 since I received them. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Blazing Troll

Default Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I turn 40 next year. I have my wife convinced that a Jeep would be a great way to handle the midlife crisis
    Another convert.
    Happy Trails!

You know, my first Jeep was a '64 CJ-5. My next was a '76. When I bought the '76, I remember why I sold the '64. Are they any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Another convert.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default My first one

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    You know, my first Jeep was a '64 CJ-5. My next was a '76. When I bought the '76, I remember why I sold the '64. Are they any better?
    I am enjoying mine immensely. As much wrenching I see my friends do on theirs I find having a new one to be awesome.
    Happy Trails!

Default So this is how it went

Hopped on the "I" southbound today for the trek down to Yarmouth. The further south I went, the harder it rained. Fortunately, I am not suspicious, so I rubbed my lucky penny and drove on. The result? I was unhappy about the fact that I had to wait until the manager finished lunch before he would see me. He quickly apologized and replaced the unit without even having to see the receipt (which I had with me). He even set the unit up for me. I meant to find a few caches this evening, but ran out of time. Overall, I really think that Delorme could improve the customer service a little. However they did not even question the reasons that I wanted to make a return and I was in and out of the store in under 20 minutes. So I would give it a solid 6 out of 10. I overheard a potential customer ask if Delorme has classes for thier products and the sales clerk said no. Which led me to think that they probably could make 4 hour classes that people would pay a small amount to attend. I would have. I really like my PN-20 and just playing around the house with the 40, I really think that it will be a nice unit. The maps are certainly better and the $30 unlimited downloads is a good deal. So as soon as I get out for a solid multiple cache day, I will report back. I'm considering taking Friday morning off and heading back for China. We'll see. An upside was that I got to go across the street and make a find that I DNF'd a few weeks ago. (it had been muggled)
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Default And the verdict is: No

So I have my second PN-40 all set and loaded up to head for China and 12 dubord 207 caches when, you guessed it, it failed.

I returned it to Delorme today for my cash back.

I purchased a new Garmin Oregon 400t at LL Bean. Now I just have to figure it out.

All things being even, I really am a fan of my PN-20 and do not regret that purchase for a second. I've never used a garmin, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    So I have my second PN-40 all set and loaded up to head for China and 12 dubord 207 caches when, you guessed it, it failed.

I returned it to Delorme today for my cash back.

I purchased a new Garmin Oregon 400t at LL Bean. Now I just have to figure it out.

All things being even, I really am a fan of my PN-20 and do not regret that purchase for a second. I've never used a garmin, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.
    Not a Garmin Oregon owner ~ but ~ I do trust TAT who told me, when inquiring for a friend to Google Oregon Garmin and find the Wiki for advice and instructions.

There are a few folks here fhow have and use the Oregon so they may be another resource. Hope this one is better for you.

Wow, what a run of bad luck. Jason and I went out a few weeks ago and he has a PN-40. I watched as he loaded caches and located caches. That one seemed to work well.

I have been checking on that model and a ton of people are experiencing the same problem. I hope they get it fixed soon.

52% of the ones sold at Wal mart have been returned. I can't search for the reasons as the people at the service desk don't usually fill out the returns with a lot of info but that seems to be a lot.