vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A little help

Default A little help

OK, here is what happened, I go into Big Lots to buy a bug zapper fly swatter and see a kayak hanging on the wall. Knowing I have a hell of a time getting into and out of my inflatable kayak and can't really run the thing because of my extreme inflexible knees, I try it out in the store and buy it. I can sit in it up right. I didn't know they had foot pegs so that helps a lot.

I proceed to take it on an easy cache in a very still stream and manage to snap the paddle that came with the inflatable in half. I try to portage up over a beaver dam and can't figure how to get back in and find myself floating sprawled on top of it paddling with my hands with the bow almost under water. I think I might be too heavy for it. I then try one last time to get back in the seat and roll it over. I brought my whole caching bag with me and everything gets soaked. My phone, GPSr, Nuvi, camera and watch. I got the camera, watch and GPSr working. I lost the Nuvi and phone.

So here is what I need:

1.) life vest for a bald headed cigar sucking fat guinea.
    2.) Paddle that wont break moving said fat guy through the water.
    3.) lessons. I found out the what I thought was a water drain turns out to be a water tight compartment.
    4.) A car navigation system. I would like to get a Nuvi 500 so I can do Werigo caches, but I'll get something else if it is cheap enough.

I already know to look on the online sites like ebay, but I thought maybe someone out here might have one they want to get rid of.

Besides money I have some specialized skills. I can offer a paranormal investigation and if need be removal session. Also a fire investigation or consulting on codes. I might even be persuaded on giving hints on my lost treasure.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

wow hints on that lost treasure would be worth a nuvi if we had one to sell ...bummer . What size life jacket you want I will keep my eyes open in the yard sales.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

well, you know how the song goes, "I should have bought it, when i saw it, at Old Town..." oh wait... or was that mardens... Seriously though, the people at the OT Store are a wealth of information when it comes to paddle, kayak, and gear sizing. Might want to stop and there and have a chat with them. I don't think they'll be able to help with the GPS though...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Maybe I can carve you a paddle. Should be done by..... Next July?

If I ever get around to getting a new PFD that fits me, we may have a spare. I'll keep you in my if you don't find one by then.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    OK, here is what happened, I go into Big Lots to buy a bug zapper fly swatter.
    I've bought a lot of these "bug zapper fly swatters", and have had bad luck with all of them - they die after a short time - except for one model.

Throw away the one you bought at Big Lots and buy "The Jolt". Far superior to other zappers, an we've got two that are still going strong after 2 years.

I have "The Brent Reitz Forward Stroke Clinic - Video" if you'd like to borrow it.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Old Town Canoe usually has paddles which are seconds up there - I have had mine for years (it was dented in the handle). For the Nuvi - watch on the GC.com forums too - they have a for sale section.

Also - free ads in Uncle Henry's under wanted and TheMaineMarketPlace.com might work. Also good places to look along with Craig's List

Sorry to hear of your misadventures - hope things get better and work out.

Am willing to give lessons and go paddle shopping.

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    Am willing to give lessons and go paddle shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Old Town Canoe usually has paddles which are seconds up there - I have had mine for years (it was dented in the handle). For the Nuvi - watch on the GC.com forums too - they have a for sale section.

Also - free ads in Uncle Henry's under wanted and TheMaineMarketPlace.com might work. Also good places to look along with Craig's List

Sorry to hear of your misadventures - hope things get better and work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I have "The Brent Reitz Forward Stroke Clinic - Video" if you'd like to borrow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've bought a lot of these "bug zapper fly swatters", and have had bad luck with all of them - they die after a short time - except for one model.

Throw away the one you bought at Big Lots and buy "The Jolt". Far superior to other zappers, an we've got two that are still going strong after 2 years.

First off thank you all.
    WhereRwe? Funny thing is I forgot to buy the fly swatter or that would have gotten dunked too. I really like the one in the link.

Tat I have no idea who or what "The Brent Reitz Forward Stroke Clinic - Video" is. I guess it is a paddling video. I would like to view it.

Hollora, misadventures is my middle name. Life would be boring for me with out them, although I love it when a plan comes together, I never have a plan. Thank you for the suggestions. I was hoping you might want to give lessons too.

dufzor, I'll be right down after I get out of Marden's.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    dufzor, I'll be right down after I get out of Marden's.

End of next week or on the weekend Eki, when my house is on its new founation and not sitting in 2 pieces on seperate sides of the property! LOL. the boats should be accessable again by then.