vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

Default Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    When you get to Bath this weekend, look closely at any of the cranes that are moving. It just might be me in it!
    I've heard all kinds of stories from Logan about you all.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    At times I get really dumb ideas that work out. I decided I wanted to do the Maine's Adventure Challenge GC1VWN8 on Sunday before the event that I was hosting. I convinced tat and laroch to go with me and they foolishly took on the challenge. I had a plan, but of course, it had a flaw. The earthcache that I picked out was under snow, so we had to hustle up Mount Battie to get the earthcache there.

We did the following caches:
    Event Cache - Clebrate 2009 "This Ain't No Mega Event." GC21H2B
    Traditional Cache - Pretty as a Picture #5 - GC1G5ZM
    Virtual Cache - Fire Away - GC6B10
    Unknown Cache - Sheepscot Trail Head - GC1B9DZ
    Earthcache - Mount Battie Conglomerate Quartzite - GC22Y9C
    Multi Cache - Steamboat Lane - GC10MR
    Coin - we all picked a different one.
    I did that one last year. A fun challenge. Most likely done easier in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Had a great time Sunday doing a few with Mainiac1957. Enjoyed the event and happy to see old and new friends.
    Yes LA, we didn't do a lot of caches, but they were fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    No wonder you were tired. I haven't done any interesting caches or any caches at all recently. Too darn cold.
    Did you forget already about the Cabin Fever Event two weeks ago? That should count as something I would think.
    Happy Trails!

Default Caching with Nick and Bo

We did 2 caches this past Saturday in Exeter NH in a beautiful trail system in the Exeter Town Forest. It was 7 degrees with a breeze when we started what proved to be a 45 minute hike into the two caches.

Bo, our youngest Lab, found a small open section of water in a stream, went in and because it wasn't that deep, laid down in it and stuck his head in. Within a minute of coming out, his coat was covered in ice!

And he still panted the whole time as he raced around the whole time!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    We did 2 caches this past Saturday in Exeter NH in a beautiful trail system in the Exeter Town Forest. It was 7 degrees with a breeze when we started what proved to be a 45 minute hike into the two caches.

Bo, our youngest Lab, found a small open section of water in a stream, went in and because it wasn't that deep, laid down in it and stuck his head in. Within a minute of coming out, his coat was covered in ice!

And he still panted the whole time as he raced around the whole time!
    That's a lab for ya. I grew up with a lab as the family pet. She would follow me anywhere all the way to the old age of 15. Sad day when she died. Lost my best friend.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    So, has anyone done any interesting caches lately? I enjoyed the event Sunday. Glad to see so many old friends, as well as some new ones. Did 7 caches that day. Just a little lighthearted thread without tempers and drama. Sorry in advance to any and all that this does or doesn't apply to. Not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to remember back when this site started 6 years ago when things were quieter.

And to help celebrate, and bring back some fond memories... I shall derail the thread...

I like beer! Hey Bruce, you like beer too?!?!?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Oops

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    When you get to Bath this weekend, look closely at any of the cranes that are moving. It just might be me in it!
    He's not operating them, his diet didn't work and he paces back and forth in the crane. I just wasn't aware it was causing movement in the crane.

Thanks, Brad. Grabbed just one the other day, just after you and EMSDanel. Didn't make it to the event....upon my return from traveling, had some storm damage to deal with and the resulting wet cellar from the rain.

Did place a cache that should be up in a day or so that the reviewer is helping me thru some details.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    And to help celebrate, and bring back some fond memories... I shall derail the thread...

I like beer! Hey Bruce, you like beer too?!?!?
    Sheesh! I drink beer, make beer, tour breweries, read about beer, talk about beer, etc.

I recommend you and Hiram count your blessings or maybe your hops. Many of you know that at the last Eustis event, I was just off crutches (barely) as a result of a gout flare-up. One of the triggers for me is ale. So, no ale or lagers for me. None since last August. I am not a happy camper about it but being pain-free has it's benefits
    And to make matters worse, I was just in Germany on business. Need I say more?
    So Hiram and WhereRWe?, enjoy a Slick Nick's Winter Ale and think of me.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I drink beer, make beer, tour breweries, read about beer, talk about beer, etc.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Lordy I need to get back into this

I have been a complete geo-slacker since November. (I take that back, I had one 0-6 trip this month) and I did so well last winter. To make things worse, I planned on KK's event for last Saturday, drove all the way out and found no one there. The actual day of the event I had blocked off so the kids could go to see grammy. I compensated with a few pints at Paddy's though! See the circle? We are back to beer!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?