vb:literal>

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Maine Geocoin

This is the current model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	May29UpdateCoin.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	534.9 KB 
ID:	367  

What is up with the black? What happened to the hammered black finish?
    Personally I do not lie the black.
    Blazing Troll

As we debate this, I know the coin will take longer BUT for me - color should be on the front not the back. Actually as I look at it again and see the separated colors with the compass points - that back side is fine but I think there should be color or something on the round/ring part of the front. Perhaps 75 done with green, 75 done with yellow, 75 done with orange and 75 done with blue.

That with the multi colored back would encourage folks to purchase a set of 4. It might be nightmare of you Sudonim as far as the ordering but definitely would add some pizzaz to the coin.

Will buy some of course anyway.........color on the front please. To bland as presented. And the focus of our state should be the nice side.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    As we debate this, I know the coin will take longer BUT for me - color should be on the front not the back. Actually as I look at it again and see the separated colors with the compass points - that back side is fine but I think there should be color or something on the round/ring part of the front. Perhaps 75 done with green, 75 done with yellow, 75 done with orange and 75 done with blue.

That with the multi colored back would encourage folks to purchase a set of 4. It might be nightmare of you Sudonim as far as the ordering but definitely would add some pizzaz to the coin.

Will buy some of course anyway.........color on the front please. To bland as presented. And the focus of our state should be the nice side.
    I totally get what you are saying. The front side is the side with Maine facing the correct way and it would be nice if that were the "nicer" side as well.

Oh wow.....I've been thinking that the wait was to change 2008 to 2009. This coin is not as far along as I thought.

Maybe you could make it a little more interesting with color. Just an opinion...

Put the 4 colors on the Front side of the ring...this represents Geocaching as a whole.
    make the State of Maine a Beautiful Green.When I think of Maine, I think of Green.
    Keep the Black for the back side.

Opalsns

Another idea was to have 50 or so made in a copper and those could be offered to members first and the Original Metal for the balance.

Opalsns

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Maybe you could make it a little more interesting with color. Just an opinion...

Put the 4 colors on the Front side of the ring...this represents Geocaching as a whole.
    make the State of Maine a Beautiful Green.When I think of Maine, I think of Green.
    Keep the Black for the back side.

Opalsns
    I like this idea.

Here we go again!!! Another 2 more months before a decision is made...
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I like it, as is.......