vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The American Folk Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Can we bring the Maine EZ-up? And the flag? And the lobster necklaces? And the filter?
    Got an Ez-E-Up - Brad has the flag, haven't got any necklaces and I think it's to late to get any, the filter - well, that would be up to Gary LOL

Default Folk Festival

Gail and I are hoping to attend again this year, and 6pm at the seadog on Saturday is a definate possibility. Hope to see you all there if we can make it.

Smile Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Can we bring the Maine EZ-up? And the flag? And the lobster necklaces? And the filter?

You can bring it all. Seadog's at 6PM!

We'll be staying in Bangor Saturday night. Can we all meet somewhere Sunday morning for breakfast before we head over to the coast?

We're going to have a blast! All over again....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Smile Still got it!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Got an Ez-E-Up - Brad has the flag, haven't got any necklaces and I think it's to late to get any, the filter - well, that would be up to Gary LOL

Sure I'll bring it. And my great disposition too!

" Where the heck is that FILTER! "
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I got the National and American Folk Festivals mixed up. Not enough coffee I guess. You're all still invited! Thanks Haffy for the correction.
    I was thinking too much time spent at the Seadog Tent!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Just kidding! Plus, I seem to remember from some old caches near the waterfront the Harbor Master does not want any caches on the land or shore he is responsible to patrol. With the cruise ships coming in, caching on the Bangor waterfront is probably not a great idea.

Seadog is a great idea!
    No kidding . . . I never heard about this . . . for real the Harbor Master doesn't want geocachers near there??? That's too bad, I was thinking about placing a cache down there . . . actually I've been thinking about it for some time, but haven't had the time to put one out . . . probably a good thing. Is that where the cannon cache ended up?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Default Tent(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I was thinking too much time spent at the Seadog Tent!

Correction FFJ, there are two locations for that purpose. I'll be looking for some of you at the Railroad Stage around noon. Somewhere in the back of the field near the white tent.

I may be kicking around Friday evening (depends on my wife's work schedule and who's playing -- I prefer the Celtic groups) . . . and I may make a short apperance on Saturday since I have to work that day -- I'm doing a safety fair at the Hannaford on Union Street (so if folks get overloaded on music, food and fun . . . stop on by between 10 and 2 and I'll make you a balloon animal or give you some fire safety knicknack.)

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Sure I'll bring it. And my great disposition too!

" Where the heck is that FILTER! "
    Looks like you may need to replace the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    No kidding . . . I never heard about this . . . for real the Harbor Master doesn't want geocachers near there??? That's too bad, I was thinking about placing a cache down there . . . actually I've been thinking about it for some time, but haven't had the time to put one out . . . probably a good thing. Is that where the cannon cache ended up?
    Yeah Jake, I remember reading that post somewhere in some of the archived cache pages from old caches on the Bangor waterfront. I don't think he was the muggle who took the cannon cache but it did disappear.

My personal experiences with the Harbor Master (if it is the same one who has been there since the National Folk Festival) in relation to mooring issues, use of the showers for those in the harbor on sailboats and the like was less than stellar. I have had the experience of sailing into much busier harbors where we were welcomed with open arms and really treated like they wanted us to return. Not the case in Bangor, we seemed to be an inconvenience.

Anyway - I think there are a number of nice places on the waterfront which could be used but I would check with the Harbor Master first. Maybe you will have more pull than I did working for the Health Department LOL!