vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike trip help

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Waterski
    I just called Acadia National Park Headquarters and Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce. They both told me there is no long term parking anywhere in Bar Harbor to be had. I appreciate the help.

I called one of the campgrounds and left a message asking if they allowed long term parking. I hope to hear back form them tomorrow evening.
    Possibly College of the Atlantic might help you - or Cache Maine's company has a hotel in the area

Hi attrol, 79 olds here i think i can help you out. We have a cousin that lives in bar harbor and i can call and ask if you can park your truck there for the time that you need to, let me know if that will help you jim 79 olds

Quote Originally Posted by 79olds View Post
    Hi attrol, 79 olds here i think i can help you out. We have a cousin that lives in bar harbor and i can call and ask if you can park your truck there for the time that you need to, let me know if that will help you jim 79 olds
    Jim, I just sent you a private message about this.
    Blazing Troll

Just out of curiosity, why are you starting in Windsor Locks? I grew up in Enfield and thats were all my extended family is.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

The reason I am starting there is because that is where that section of the bike map starts. This is the Northeast part of the Atlantic Coast Route that covers between Bar Harbor, Maine, to Key West, Florida.

It really does not have to start Windsor Locks. That may be another consideration to keep in mind.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you starting in Windsor Locks? I grew up in Enfield and thats were all my extended family is.
    No kidding . . . mother in law lives in nearby Ellington and brother in law lives in Stafford Springs . . . flew out of Bradley when my wife and I went to Puerto Rico a few years back . . . one of the better airports we have flown out of . . . not too small and yet not too big.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I want to thank everyone that contacted me and worked with me on this. I now have a place to park my car for the two weeks in Bar Harbor.

Now my worry is getting back to CT to get the other vehicle that we are parking there. If I have to, I will take my truck. My truck is old and I worry it might not make the trip to CT and back. Is anyone heading to CT around the first of April?
    Blazing Troll