vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premium membership

Thumbs up Premium membership

If you are a premium member, what is the number one thing that you appreciate for an upgrade, and find most helpful?

Pocket queries are the major bonus of premium membership. In fact, it's the only major bonus in my opinion. But it's a big one.

The only other benefits are the instant notification of new caches and bookmark lists. You can also place and find member only caches (member only caches are capable of being logged by anyone).
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Pocket queries are the major bonus of premium membership. In fact, it's the only major bonus in my opinion. But it's a big one.

The only other benefits are the instant notification of new caches and bookmark lists. You can also place and find member only caches (member only caches are capable of being logged by anyone).
    I would echo his comments. PQ's are helpful; if you're into FTF's then instant notification will be important. This year I've decided to add a couple of challenges to my caching.....Delorme and AlphaNumeric. Having booklists as a tool makes it fun and easier. My view is it's well worth the fee.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Support and information

PQ's and Notifications are great. I used the "found in the last 7 days" filter for PQ's all winter and it helped me find caches that were winter accessible. Plus, I look at this as my primary hobby. The 20 bucks or so that I spend to assist with the website is really cheap money. I access the site everyday, sometimes more than once and my guess is that it averages out to less than a half cent each time. Overall, I get a lot of happiness out of a little money. I spend more on my morning coffee. At this point, I would be really unhappy if the website failed, so I don't mind paying my share.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I'll have to agree also the PQ's are the thing that I use.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Yeah, pocket queries save a bunch of time and are well worth the cost if you spend much time caching. As a free member there are certain caches you can't see (as designated by the owner), but as a premium member nothing is off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by keydetpiper View Post
    As a free member there are certain caches you can't see (as designated by the owner), but as a premium member nothing is off limits.
    Sheesh! Good point! Maybe Brdad - the GeocachingMaine.org statistician - can tell us how many "premium member only" caches there are in Maine. LOL!

Just in from another thread... If you are a premium member you can edit your post for up to 15 days. I don't know why anyone would want to do that?
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 05-03-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: just because
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Just in from another thread... If you are a premium member you can edit your post for up to 15 days. I don't know why anyone would want to do that?
    No, no... I'm pretty sure that Rick meant that you can edit your message in the forums here on GeocachingMaine.org - if you're a donating member. It didn't have anything to do with being a premium member of geocaching.com.

I think...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Good point! Maybe Brdad - the GeocachingMaine.org statistician - can tell us how many "premium member only" caches there are in Maine. LOL!
    it would be neat to give statistical data on Premium Member caches, but unfortunately that information is only controlled at the Groundspeak servers. In other words, There is no information in a PQ pertaining to whether a cache is members only or not.

However, I can easily provide current day information - There are 163 members only caches in Maine right now.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."