vb:literal>

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Short Cache Logs (Topic moved from 'Early Publication' thread)

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I am curious, as a cache owner, do you mind if someone alerts you that you have a spelling error in your cache title or description, and mentions it either in their log or in an email? Someone just posted a link elsewhere to a cache placed in 2008 and the title is not spelled correctly, and I assume unintentionally.
    I would love if somebody emailed me if I have a grammar or spelling error in my cache description or a log. So far nobody did, is it all correct or what?
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I would love if somebody emailed me if I have a grammar or spelling error in my cache description or a log. So far nobody did, is it all correct or what?
    Well, there's a lot of words I can't find in the dictionary on your Lorem Ipsum (Unknown/Mystery)(Micro) (GC1PGW1) by Cano (2.5/1.5) cache page.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I am curious, as a cache owner, do you mind if someone alerts you that you have a spelling error in your cache title or description, and mentions it either in their log or in an email? Someone just posted a link elsewhere to a cache placed in 2008 and the title is not spelled correctly, and I assume unintentionally.
    If I make a mistake that promotes discrimination based on any of the following: race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation, then yes. Also, there are a lot of new slang words/code being used by the younger generation. My 20 yr old Godson's facebook page is beyond me! What ever he is saying to his friends, I don't understand it and at this point, it is probably best if I don't ask! He is old enough that I don't need to know! But if I happened to use a word that has a double entendre or unknown to me derogatory meaning, I would want to know. If I make a spelling error, no. Otherwise, I just want to relax and play the game. And for those folks with hidden neurological disablitities, please come out and play the game with us. You don't have to write/type/spell perfect to post on the forum or to write up your caches or write logs. Intention is important, not perfection. Most people will accept you as you are and not point out your errors. That much I have found to be true over the last 15 months of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Yes, I mind and I would hope my fellow cachers would have more productive activities in their lives then spell checking other's words.
    Dan, I trust that all of my cache readers are hooked on fonics!!! Oops, spelled it wrong! Phonics! LOL. Remember in first and second grade and we can across a new or different word, the teacher used to patiently say "Sooouuuund it out."
    Personally, I think emailing or posting someone to tell them that they spelled something wrong is rude, invasive and haughty, (unless the misspelling can be interpreted in a discriminatory or sexual way, which I believe is against geocaching.com rules). If a community member volunteers to do an activity that benefits me and my community's enjoyment, such as designing a new cache, going to the store to spend their hard earned on a container, camo duct tape, swag, log book and FTF prize, then spends more of their hard earned $ and leisure time driving to get permission, places the cache, writes up the description in a way that makes it attractive to other cachers, submits it for publication and agrees to maintain said cache, which requires more gas/time/energy expenditure, do I take then contact them to point out a spelling error or do I do their caches and say "Thank you for doing that. I really appreciate the effort you put into it!". Do I post that a cache is a waste of time because it is quick/easy/handicapped accessible (ie: guardrail and lamp skirts). I haven't yet and I hope I never get to that point, because if I do its time for me to reconsider what I am effect I am having on the geocaching community.

Interesting reply.
    I had to look, but it appears I have never pointed out any spelling errors in a find log. I know I have mentioned errors in a few emails and in chat or in person mostly with people I know enough to assume they would respond positively. On several occasions cachers have posted links to a new cache page in national chat, and me or someone else has spoken up and alterted them of errors - I don't remember once any of them being upset we mentioned the errors. Like most any subject, people take this differently and that is fine. As for me, feel free to let me know - I'll gladly use any opportunity to make it look like I am a better typer than I am! But looking back to the original topic, can't one assume some people don't desire to be informed of their short or otherwise unappealing cache logs, either?
    Last edited by brdad; 06-25-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Correct me all you want! I appreciate any help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Correct me all you want! I appreciate any help I can get.
    Some of my dearest friends, I met because I made mistakes and they were willing to help. Just a thought.

Can you find the mistake in the following?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Some of my dearest friends, I met because I made mistakes and they were willing to help. Just a thought.

One of my cache names is intentionally spelled wrong . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."