vb:literal>

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Plane In The World Enroute to Bangor

I was here at work on the 2nd floor where we can see the whole horizon over the airport. I heard it leave but the clouds were so thick you couldnt even see it pop up from the tree line. Would have loved to know ahead of time so I could have taken an early lunch to get a little closer. I get regular emails form the FlightAware site but they've only created an iPhone app so far according to their site. Maybe some day down the road they'll create something for the android users who are also flight enthusiasts as well.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    The Antonov AN-225, the biggest plane in the world, is enroute to Bangor, scheduled to arrive at approx 10:00 AM this morning.

This plane was built by Russia to transport their version of a space shuttle, but their space shuttle project was never finished.

Anyone who has watched an Antonov AN-224 airplane land at Bangor (which they do often, transporting MRAP vehicles to Iraq and Afghanistan for the US military), will really be impressed with this aircraft.

Wasn't able to pop into Bangor to see this, however I did see Russia's version of their space shuttle....parked along the river.....during my recent trip to Moscow. Absolutely an amazing city.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by 79olds View Post
    Wow would have liked to have seen this, but didn't see the post soon enough . Will it be returning again.
    I'm not sure how often it stops by, but the last time I saw the An-225 was last October. It actually sat on the tarmac between a couple Stratotankers for a few days before finally departing.

Quote Originally Posted by inhUMaine View Post
    I'm not sure how often it stops by, but the last time I saw the An-225 was last October. It actually sat on the tarmac between a couple Stratotankers for a few days before finally departing.
    Are you sure it was an AN-225 and not the AN-224? The 224 stops at Bangor all the time, but I've never seen the 225 there.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Are you sure it was an AN-225 and not the AN-224? The 224 stops at Bangor all the time, but I've never seen the 225 there.
    You mean the AN-124, the Russian version of the C5 Galaxy? I've seen them in Bangor.
    The AN-224 was never built, they got rid of the rear cargo door in the design and called it the AN-225.

IIRC the AN-225 has landed at Bangor at least one other time, but never got to see it.

Sheesh, it's all about the numbers with you guys...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

The Antonov Design Bureau made some big stuff!
    Worlds largest turbo-prop, largest flying aircraft, etc. The AN-22 looks like a C-130 on steroids with 4 double props!

Default Relax

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sheesh, it's all about the numbers with you guys...
    Come on, Dave, relax. It's not a nano in a guardrail.

If it was in a guardrail, you would have to hunt to find the guardrail!!!
    (Kinda like finding a small container in a railroad display, just saying...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    You mean the AN-124, the Russian version of the C5 Galaxy? I've seen them in Bangor.
    Yes - I misspoke.

The AN-124 lands quite often - matter of fact - one left Bangor last night enroute to Glasgow, Scotland. And since the flight originated in Charlestown, South Carolina, I would assume that it's another flight carrying MRAP vehicles for the US military. Strange relationship...