vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not in Maine, but Worthy Nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Every car should be equipped with similar device by law. Something like OnStar except using satellites like SPOT. When car detects collision it will automatically send SOS signal with your position or you can call for help by yourself or you can track your lost or stolen car.

if the law ever required me to have something like this, I would never own another vehicle....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wink You drive one now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    if the law ever required me to have something like this, I would never own another vehicle....
    Monday through Friday at least....
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Monday through Friday at least....
    there's a difference between being forced to have one, and being willing to have one for a paycheck...

Thumbs down That's the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    there's a difference between being forced to have one, and being willing to have one for a paycheck...
    I know with my former cache mobile, when I used the Onstar they knew EXACTY where I was. That was more than a bit creepy.
    Happy Trails!

I called Onstar one time to show my buddies how it works. We were ice fishing and our trucks were all parked in the middle of China Lake. The Onstar operator hesitated at first when I asked her where I was, but she finally said " There might be a slight satellite issue as I show you in the middle of China Lake!" Technology...big Brother's watching!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Did you read the recent controversy? An agency that gives out car loans wants to make it mandatory that all cars have one of these devices. Their thinking is: they'll know where to send the repo guy if the loanee stops making payments.......

Default Admit it

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I called Onstar one time to show my buddies how it works. We were ice fishing and our trucks were all parked in the middle of China Lake. The Onstar operator hesitated at first when I asked her where I was, but she finally said " There might be a slight satellite issue as I show you in the middle of China Lake!" Technology...big Brother's watching!
    You did that on purpose to confuse the Onstar operator. I'll bet you were grinning during the whole conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Did you read the recent controversy? An agency that gives out car loans wants to make it mandatory that all cars have one of these devices. Their thinking is: they'll know where to send the repo guy if the loanee stops making payments.......
    I also heard another reason was that they wanted to track the habits of "high risk" loans so they would know wether or not they should give them a loan for the vehicle...

just think of the potiential information that could be sold to companies about you and your shopping and stopping habits...do they go to McDonalds or Burgerking more, Do they go to the mall or shop downtown, how many trips to the grocery store do they make in a week, where do they bank....scary to think about
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default And if.....

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    just think of the potiential information that could be sold to companies about you and your shopping and stopping habits...do they go to McDonalds or Burgerking more, Do they go to the mall or shop downtown, how many trips to the grocery store do they make in a week, where do they bank....scary to think about
    They hide a camera in the dash somewhere showing what you do as you get there they'd see 75 - 99% of today's drivers trying to be creative about how they pick their nose.