vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not in Maine, but Worthy Nonetheless!

Hey, the meds have worn off...and you are right! Grinning, yeah, listening to my redneck friends hear all that and remark that they'd never, ever have Onstar in their trucks...priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    You did that on purpose to confuse the Onstar operator. I'll bet you were grinning during the whole conversation.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    That's WAY old school. Anything in the last 10 years with the transponder key can't be bypassed. You can buy an interface to simulate it, but the new cars (Ford and Toyota 2010+) are running 80 bit encryption on the transponders. Fuel pump won't work if the key is wrong. If there was a bypass available, trust me, I would be using it. I install several hundred remote car starters per winter and the transponder interface adds about 30% to the customers bill
    Oooh, someone to ask! How much is it roughly to have a remote car starter installed on say, a 2007 Corolla? I miss this feature sooooo much!

Quote Originally Posted by JFamilySebec View Post
    Oooh, someone to ask! How much is it roughly to have a remote car starter installed on say, a 2007 Corolla? I miss this feature sooooo much!
    Yes, within our community many Professoinals in a lot of occupations - Sudonium is one of the best with this and Sound Systems............ Shop locally!

And - did I mention? He has Geocaching supplies, pathtags and who knows what else Geo related in his Brewer store.

Sudonium,,,,,,hmmmm must be one of those new elements......;
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking john, I was think the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Sudonium,,,,,,hmmmm must be one of those new elements......;
    Lois, Thanks for feeding those of us who like to pick up on the slightest faux pax.
    Happy Trails!

Oh you are welcome - at least I didn't call him Suduko!

Quote Originally Posted by JFamilySebec View Post
    Depends on a couple of things. Is it an automatic, and does it have power door locks. If it is a standard it HAS to have power locks, and they need to be integrated to the starter.
    Most starters go in automatics. If you have an automatic, it is $319.99 installed (plus tax), and if you have your power locks integrated as well, add $50.00. A standard (with the locks hooked up too) is $419.99. (Lots more stuff to hook up!).
    Any of those come with 2 remotes and 1500' of range. Need more range? $40 more gets you to 3000' and we have remotes with screens on them too so you know if the car started and how much runtime is left.