vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea

Default Idea

So I had an interesting idea. I am not sure if this has been done and it may not be cost efficient but has anyone ever heard of cachers making like trading cards out of the pictures of their finds? I would think that if it could be done as like a signature item it would be pretty cool.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    So I had an interesting idea. I am not sure if this has been done and it may not be cost efficient but has anyone ever heard of cachers making like trading cards out of the pictures of their finds? I would think that if it could be done as like a signature item it would be pretty cool.
    Sheesh! These days you'll have a hard time finding a cache big enough to put a signature item in! LOL! I never go anywhere without a few of our signature item - The Maine Geocacher Permit - in my pocket, but I usually wind up giving them to people who notice my GOCACHE license plate and stop to chat.

The only problem for me is that if I put my picture on something it would get stolen right away for someones personal collection, I have the same problem when I put my autograph on things....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

lol I was thinking more like pictures of cool places we have been. Trust me, if I left a picture of me it would probably stay in the cache for a long time. Melissa and Cole maybe not that long. lol
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Ahbah had some very nice trading cards.....sort of like baseball cards only with cachers, hide and find stats, etc. They were super-cool but there is an expense to all of that, both time and money. Anyway, it was quite a treat to find a cache that had one of those cards with "me" on it inside. Trading cards as signature items is a good idea, you just have to have the time/money/expertise to do it. Go for it!

Time I could probably arrange. I am not sure about the money or expertise. But we will see what I can think of.

I like signature items. I think they show a bit of extra effort from the cache finder.

I think cards are a good idea, but laminating them is a must to maintain quality.
    I used to put a CD in caches with a screen saver of pics I took around Maine, then I progressed to my photo marbles. I don't leave them in every cache anymore. I think a photo card could be a good idea.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I like signature items. I think they show a bit of extra effort from the cache finder.

I think cards are a good idea, but laminating them is a must to maintain quality.
    I bought a laminator at a flea market for $10, and 1,000 plastic sleeves on eBay for about $20.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I bought a laminator at a flea market for $10, and 1,000 plastic sleeves on eBay for about $20.
    WOW! what a great deal!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

A few cachers down here have had personalized cards made. When I find the link I will post it.

A house is not a home without a cat.