vb:literal>

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Maritime Mega July 10, 2010

I had to do a little research just for fun. It is almost exactly 200 more miles of driving to drive as opposed to taking the ferry. So if you figure how much gas you'll use on those 200 miles you can compare it to the cost of the ferry. At 15 MPG and $2.80 US gas price, it comes out to $37.33; 20 MPG - $28.00; 25 MPG - $22.40. Of course you have to consider other vehicle costs (maintenance & repairs) but for most vehicles this would be negligible in 200 miles.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-28-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs up Cheap!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I had to do a little research just for fun. It is almost exactly 200 more miles of driving to drive as opposed to taking the ferry. So if you figure how much gas you'll use on those 200 miles you can compare it to the cost of the ferry. At 15 MPG and $2.80 US gas price, it comes out to $37.33; 20 MPG - $28.00; 25 MPG - $22.40. Of course you have to consider other vehicle costs (maintenance & repairs) but for most vehicles this would be negligible in 200 miles.
    This compared to the price of the ferry it's a no brainer then.
    Happy Trails!

I wished the folks I drove for had thought so.........I would have preferred to drive vs. the ferry. Although it was a fun ride. The ferry is expensive.

Fuel is more expensive there, however, not by a lot. Sometimes to save 200 miles just doesn't really save that much and I have to agree - driving would be a fine way to do it too.

[QUOTE=hollora;67081]Fuel is more expensive there, however, not by a lot.

According to "GasBuddy", the CHEAPEST gas in New Brunswick is $96.9 (Canadian) per liter, which (by my guesstimate) makes it about $4.00 a gallon.

[QUOTE=WhereRWe?;67082]
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Fuel is more expensive there, however, not by a lot.

According to "GasBuddy", the CHEAPEST gas in New Brunswick is $96.9 (Canadian) per liter, which (by my guesstimate) makes it about $4.00 a gallon.
    Paid $106.3 in Digby!

Even at $4 gallon and in a car that got only 15 MPG you're only talking $53 to drive it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I get at least 30 MPG. Oh well, snf I'm still driving. Jon and I are stopping in Halifax to go to the Nova Scotia Tatoo with my parents and then on to Blomidon Provincial Park. We'll zigzag around the province while visiting family and going to the event. In fact, if we have to miss the event and put family first.... so be it. Anyways, we leave in the morning and it should be a lot of fun. I've been caching coast to coast in this last month and it's been a blast. Isn't this a great recreational activity (yes, and some would call it a sport)?

It's official! Groundspeak changed this to a Mega event today. Congrats on a very well done event!