vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needs archived

Default Needs archived

When I post a 'needs archived' on geocaching.com, does that automatically send a message to TAT? or do I need to contact him....or don't I need to contact him????

A needs archived post sends a message to the cache owner. If it sits there for awhile with no response the Maine Publisher or a reviewer will respond. Eventually it will get attended to or archived.
    Happy Trails!

If the needs archived caches are the ones you referred to in your log I wonder if it would be appropriate to post the names/gc #'s here so that others know they have been removed by the landowner? What's the general consensus on this? After discussion, maybe it's something that you can share with us, dufzor, so that others won't bother the new landowner and give caching a bad name with them.

The caches at the campground in Eddington have been archived. I guess Tom gets an automatic notice when that option is used.

The caches were interesting but some were just bad. Buried.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I never did those . . . heard one was buried and never really felt comfortable just walking into a campground like that to cache . . . for some reason it just didn't seem right.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well this campground is not much more than trails through the woods with cleared out spaces here and there. Except for the travel bug jail in the front lawn, the others were OK. One was buried and probably is still there. He did have a few clever ones.

Are that cachers caches still out or have they ALL been archived? I noticed a couple in GSAK but they don't show archived. I still have a couple that I never found. I don't think that his or his caching partner are around anymore to maintain them.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Are that cachers caches still out or have they ALL been archived? I noticed a couple in GSAK but they don't show archived. I still have a couple that I never found. I don't think that his or his caching partner are around anymore to maintain them.
    Not all have been archived (although from reading things perhaps they should be, if he has moved without a maintenance plan). Search GC.com for caches hidden by him to look at the list.

Sometimes when I don't run PQs often enough my GSAK has caches which have been archived. I don't have a good maintenance plan for my GSAK. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Many are still active. Some are missing. just read the logs before heading out.

You guys are talking back and forth like everyone knows which caches you're talking about. We haven't cached up in that area yet, could one of you at least give the GC number of one of the caches in question so that we'll know which caches to be extra careful about?