vb:literal>

Thread: Palm Centro Smartphone

Default Palm Centro Smartphone

Am looking into upgrading my cell phone and this one caught my eye. I have an iPAQ that I use for cachemate and I periodically have problems with it. I would also love to eliminate carrying three devices (phone, iPAQ, GPS) and this seems like a viable option. It has a Palm OS platform and should accomodate Cachemate. Does anyone have this? And use it for this purpose? Any feedback is much appreciated!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default FYI for those who may be looking

I went out on a limb and bought this phone. Love it!!! I successfully loaded Cachemate on it, imported caches, and am ready to cache without a second device for cachemate. Is great!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    I went out on a limb and bought this phone. Love it!!! I successfully loaded Cachemate on it, imported caches, and am ready to cache without a second device for cachemate. Is great!!!
    You ever wonder how the caveman geocached without all this modern technology? Probably just let Dino sniffed them out.

They didn't geocache.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    One of these days, I'm gonna upgrade from my extremely basic, absolutely no frills, cell phone. But they'll have to put up a lot more towers in my area first! LOL!

Blackberry is the way to go but that is my opinion.
    Blazing Troll

I would echo Attroll's comment. I've started to use my Blackberry for paperless caching and is working out quite well. Visit www.cacheberry.com for more info about using cacheberry. Plenty of service providers now offer Blackberrys relatively inexpensive with new contracts. You still can paperless cache with it while not signing up for Blackberry service. Oh yeah.....you can even make or receive calls on it.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Blackberry is the way to go but that is my opinion.

Radio calls or phone calls?

Where would a person plug one into a jack out on the road?

I knew a few phone booths that had jacks back in the day, but even those are gone now.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.