vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magellen explorist gc

Default magellen explorist gc

does anyone have this yet? I'm having a heck of a time getting the downloads to "send to gps" on the cache pages. nothing seems to be working. I have a new toy and I can't play with it!

I don't have one, have never touched one actually, but I helped someone set one of these up in chat a few days ago, he had to download the GPX file (Not the LOC file) in order for it to work. That required him to become a premium member.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thank you!! I've been a premium member so not a problem. Will try the GPX ... if you'll tell me where it is. You have no idea how dumb I am with software!

You should have gone with a Garmin.....Just saying. Hope you have better luck with it than lots of folks who have dealt with Magellan in past years. Good luck!!!!

For individual caches, you can download the GPX file for the one cache using the button on the cache page.

Alternatively, since you are a premium member, you can get pocket queries and load the GPX file in the query directly into the Explorist.

In either case, you should be able to load the GPX file directly into the memory of the Explorist or an expansion card if you have one installed (either should show up as a new drive once cabled to your PC).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpx_download.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	1064  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have a Magellan Explorist that was great for a year and a half then while out caching it quit picking up a signal. Everything works except that it won't pick up the satellites! Updated it - still doesn't work. Just bought a Garmin Oregon 450 and love the touchscreen. The salesman at Cabellas trold me that Magellan has been having a lot of trouble with their equipment so I didn't buy another but I loved it.

I like the touch screen on my 450 as well. I've found, however, that it really pays to lock the screen on it while you're bushwhacking.

As to the Oregon 450 - HOW do I delete Geocaches? The instructions regarding Geocaching use are very limited!

Quote Originally Posted by newbie74 View Post
    As to the Oregon 450 - HOW do I delete Geocaches? The instructions regarding Geocaching use are very limited!
    You cannot delete individual caches from the 450, you can only delete the entire GPX file, whether that file has one or more caches. There is a GPX folder in the GPS you can access when you plug it into your computer. You can't do it from a menu on the GPS...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Nice thing about the 450 is that you can load 1000 caches and go paperless caching.