vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portland Area Geocaching Presentation.

Default Wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I have email from a new member <deleted> then I posted a message on the "Advisory Board" thread and got no response,
    Apologies for being off topic and not to derail the thread....however this is a little sad to hear of.
    Hope presentation goes well, Gary.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

I have seen a few of these requests go out. I have made time to either travel many miles to do these or attend them.

Many people don't have the time. Many don't like public speaking. Many don't feel confident enough. All this is understandable.

Nothing sad about it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have seen a few of these requests go out. I have made time to either travel many miles to do these or attend them.

Many people don't have the time. Many don't like public speaking. Many don't feel confident enough. All this is understandable.

Nothing sad about it.
    Mike, my comment was more directed about the lack of response from board members to a member.
    Certainly, I am familiar with the role that you personally have often taken in promoting our activity in a positive light. And....thank you for that. I feel that a response to a request.....either a yes or no.....is fairly easy to do as well as the right thing to do from those who have chosen to serve and give their time on the board.
    Of course it's understandable not wanting to appear/speak in public. It's not for everyone. And I speak from experience, having been involved in training/public speaking for over 30 years.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Mike, my comment was more directed about the lack of response from board members to a member.
    Certainly, I am familiar with the role that you personally have often taken in promoting our activity in a positive light. And....thank you for that. I feel that a response to a request.....either a yes or no.....is fairly easy to do as well as the right thing to do from those who have chosen to serve and give their time on the board.
    Of course it's understandable not wanting to appear/speak in public. It's not for everyone. And I speak from experience, having been involved in training/public speaking for over 30 years.
    As is the case here in the forums, I often reply to board posts before the member submits his post! However, the board members (like the members) do have lives and sometimes that interferes. One of the issues in this case is we should have a list of candidates available that would make answering requests like this a bit easier. This idea has just come to front as the result of a member posting some ideas to the board. So perhaps in the future this may result in a quicker, more effective outcome. We're lucky that we have capable people like Gary to step in and help with projects like this, and he will definitely be on that list with his ok.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Sorry to be posting this so close to the actual event. For anyone who is interested, the presentation will be 7:00PM this Wednesday October 6th at the Windham Public Library, on the Windham Center Road. Any and everyone is welcome. If there is a need to do a second presentation, the plan would be to do a Saturday and make it an event. I might pair up a few experienced cachers with the newbies and grab the Windham Land Trust caches.
    And why is this not an Event Cache, Gary? ha ha

Wink Well to be perfectly honest.....

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    And why is this not an Event Cache, Gary? ha ha
    I was afraid that you would show up.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Available

I've done several presentations in the Central Maine area, including junior high schools, boy scout troops and a trail group. I'm in the process of putting together a power point script although with kids seem to like the geocoins, variety of cache containers and of course the GPS units.

Put me on the list of available speakers and I encourage others that enjoy this sort of thing to add their name to the list of speakers.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I was afraid that you would show up.
    I'd be wearing my t-shirt too

Thumbs up A good night, despite the weather

We had 15 enthusiastic people show up and I'm sure a few of them are making plans to find their first cache. Lots of questions and I had a blast sharing some of my stories with everyone. The Windham Land Trust has granted me permission for a few new hides and I'll be placing them soon.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Yes and.....

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I'd be wearing my t-shirt too
    I was wearing mine.