vb:literal>

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipping into summer cache 2007(pig roast)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    If you want tofu to get jake to come to an event, it first has to be laced with a sedative, then fed to jake before the event so that it has enough time to render him unconcious, while someone comes by with a van that we can throw him into to take him to the event. then well have to tie him up to a tree before he wakes up, so that when he does wake up and realize that he's at a cache event he doesn't try to run off.... but last time we just used pizza, it concealed the sedative better and he was more willing to eat it....
    Well that explains a few things and clears up a few mysteries . . . especially those mysterious bruises.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Uh . . . thanks for the thought, but I don't usually do events since I'm not much of a social butterfly like Hiram is (seriously . . . . . . I'm more like a lunar moth.
    Jake....I never would have guessed you weren't an event type of guy.
    Based on what I've seen on the forums...you fit right in and have many friends here. Please don't tell me you are like Mr.Wilson on Home improvement and just stand behind the fence and peek up over the top now and again just to get a little taste of the action.

I have been made to feel very welcome here on the forum and you've been a member much longer than I have. Come out from behind the fence and play with us? Don't be shy!!!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

So since Jake won't come to events, I had to go find a picture of him. Hey he's younger than I thought . So now we know what you look like. See you at the Pig Roast? I heard fireman make good baked beans. You can leave out the salt pork if you'd like.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Jake....I never would have guessed you weren't an event type of guy.
    Based on what I've seen on the forums...you fit right in and have many friends here. Please don't tell me you are like Mr.Wilson on Home improvement and just stand behind the fence and peek up over the top now and again just to get a little taste of the action.

I have been made to feel very welcome here on the forum and you've been a member much longer than I have. Come out from behind the fence and play with us? Don't be shy!!!
    Oh sure, I'm clever and witty (well in my own mind at least) when I'm sitting here at the desk typing away . . . but get me in a crowd and a stapler provokes more interesting conversation. Events just aren't my thing.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post

So since Jake won't come to events, I had to go find a picture of him. Hey he's younger than I thought . So now we know what you look like. See you at the Pig Roast? I heard fireman make good baked beans. You can leave out the salt pork if you'd like.
    Younger . . . don't you mean "fatter?" For some reason everyone seems to have preconceived notions of what I look like.

For the record I've never made baked beans, but I have attempted to make strombi (Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onions and peppers) which is a firehouse favorite here.

OK, enough about me . . . we now return you to the regularly scheduled programming and the original thread about the Pig Roast . . . and to get back on topic.

[quote=firefighterjake;31223]
    For the record I've never made baked beans, but I have attempted to make strombi (Velveeta cheese, hamburger, onions and peppers) which is a firehouse favorite here.quote]

Ok so when I transplanted to Maine, I learned to make Beans for the fire dept's bean and casserole suppers. I'll make beans to go with the roast. Also just found out that Fudd's 20 yr reunion is that night but he has to work so still planning on coming
    Slowly but surely

Default Still?

quote=firefighterjake;31223]

Also just found out that Fudd's 20 yr reunion is that night but he has to work so still planning on coming[/quote]

I see your still spoiled?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default T-shirts

I will need a few of them. Any idea if they will be 100% cotton, or a 50/50 blend?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I will need a few of them. Any idea if they will be 100% cotton, or a 50/50 blend?
    I'll be needing a couple also but since I'm the spoiled one, I'd like 50/50 if that's possible. Wish Rick stayed with the pigroast picture from last year, not that we don't like Porky.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post

I see your still spoiled?
    Ha ha. I have a laptop to be paperless with now, and it fits in the GoldWing. The Harley just wasn't comfortable for a day of geocaching
    I'll have some questions for the GSAK guru.....
    Slowly but surely