vb:literal>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter campout(s)

Default Winter campout(s)

It's that time of year!!! Time for winter camping!

For the last few years, we've had an camping event in Abbot around the first of March. Rumor has it, the event will happen again this year.

Is anyone interested in more camping events?

Some possibilities inclused: Webb Lake (2mi), Piazza Rock (2mi), Bradbury Mtn (200ft) or Blackwoods (500ft).
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

TAT! Wow, my favorite activity? Well, ONE of my favorite activities! Winter camping.... too bad most others DON'T want to be involved in this fun. I'd be interested in this ind of thing. But why wait till March? I have my "winter preparedness" pack in my Jeep which has my MSR stove, MSR water filter, North Face mountain tent, a OR Bivouac, two sleeping bags, fuel, MSR Denali snow shoes, extra clothes, all kinds of junk all set up ready to go. I need a good excuse to put it all to good use this season! I am VERRRYYYYY interested!

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

For the last few years, we've had an camping event in Abbot around the first of March. Rumor has it, the event will happen again this year.

Some possibilities inclused: Webb Lake (2mi), Piazza Rock (2mi), Bradbury Mtn (200ft) or Blackwoods (500ft).
    I've never been winter camping, I guess I can give it a try. I prefer a place where I can have my car in close vicinity though
    Moo

Your car? I doubt we'd agree on a location then, Cano.....

I'd be up for Bradbury. That way if I can't take it, I can be back home in under 5!

Default Winter camping?

Di and I do this every winter. This year we're going to camp iin San Juan mid-March! Anybody want to come along? The "campground" has a nice beach and a pool that has bar stools in the pool so you can swim up the bar if you need one of those fruity drinks with pineapple and umbrellas bristling out the top!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post

*raises hand* oooh oooh ooh!! I will!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Di and I do this every winter. This year we're going to camp iin San Juan mid-March! Anybody want to come along? The "campground" has a nice beach and a pool that has bar stools in the pool so you can swim up the bar if you need one of those fruity drinks with pineapple and umbrellas bristling out the top!
    THIS is my kind of winter camping. I'm ready. Unfortunately my wallet isn't.

Have Fun!!!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

I think Heidi and I are going to do this winter camping trip this year as well . . . except it probably will not be San Juan this year and we don't really drink any of those foo-foo drinks.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I can see the dog swimming up to the bar for his beer.....

Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.