vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off Road Tech Thread

Hmmm...so the one tire just went bad? Weird! What are you thinking for tires, 30x9.5s again, or try to squeeze some 31s under there?!

Quote Originally Posted by The G Team View Post
    Hmmm...so the one tire just went bad? Weird! What are you thinking for tires, 30x9.5s again, or try to squeeze some 31s under there?!
    well, i do get some rubbing with the 30s when she's stretched out, i think ill stick with those. (whaddya know about the camber of the tires? I'm wondering if maybe a misalignment is causing problems... but tire wear is all even...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

SOOOO MIKEY..... Is it lifted yet??? I don't see any pictures posted yet... Driven by your office on the way home from work about every day this week and haven't seen it sittin out, is it still drivable???.............

It's not leaving the garage till it's done. Still waiting for some parts--Currie HD tie rod and draglink was $409.00 Friday. The TNT Customs belly pan shipped today--that was $289.00. Found out my front ARB I got used is missing a couple parts--that was $102.00 today. Still need to order tires--that will be right around $800. Plus I've decided to upgrade the brake booster and M/C to post '95 parts--there goes another $200 or so. Installing the axle shafts and gears/locker in the front will likely be $300 to $500 in labor--it just never ends!

Having to rebuild all the brakes on the 8.8 put us behind, plus we are now custom fabbing brake lines. Anyway, I hope to get the lift at least started this weekend. There's only so much time and money to go around--sigh! I'll post some pics as soon as I get something of interest done.

It's not leaving the garage till it's done. Still waiting for some parts--Currie HD tie rod and draglink was $409.00 Friday. The TNT Customs belly pan shipped today--that was $289.00. Found out my front ARB I got used is missing a couple parts--that was $102.00 today. Still need to order tires--that will be right around $800. Plus I've decided to upgrade the brake booster and M/C to post '95 parts--there goes another $200 or so. Installing the axle shafts and gears/locker in the front will likely be $300 to $500 in labor--it just never ends!

Having to rebuild all the brakes on the 8.8 put us behind, plus we are now custom fabbing brake lines. Anyway, I hope to get the lift at least started this weekend. There's only so much time and money to go around--sigh! I'll post some pics as soon as I get something of interest done.
    a phrase I never understood that i've seen on the back of jeeps... "Real Jeeps aren't bought, they're built..." I'd like to know where those guys get all their parts for free...

sounds like you've got one heck of a weekend. (good thing its a long one)

Default Lift half done!

Finally, some progress! Front coils, shocks, swaybar quick disconnects, adjustable UCAs, LCAs, coil over spacers and trackbar are installed. Should be around 3.25" lift right now, and makes those 235x75s look a little small:

Hopefully we'll get the rear done next weekend.

Rear springs are out. All four rear shock bolts broke (to be expected). Driver's side spring came out OK. Then, the passenger side upper shackle captive nut (inside the frame) broke off. Then the front spring bolt seized up inside the bushing. Ended up burning off the rubber bushing with a torch, and then removed the hitch and bumper to access the rear of the frame. Opened up the frame access hole with a sawzall and hit the loctited-in bolt with the torch. Got it out, but what a PITA! Now we have to decide how to fix the shackle mount. A pox on road salt!!!!

My mechanic Stu putting the torch to the poor Jeep:

same thing happend to mine when i pulled em off, but we opted for the less flamable (safer unsober) tap & die method

The rear axle is finally under the Jeep. It should be moving under it's own power by the first of the week so we can drive it to the garage to get the front gears done. The 33" Mud Terrains should be in anytime--the next project will be getting them to fit in the fenders. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

The rear axle is finally under the Jeep. It should be moving under it's own power by the first of the week so we can drive it to the garage to get the front gears done. The 33" Mud Terrains should be in anytime--the next project will be getting them to fit in the fenders. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
    ya think youll make it to MOAB and back in time for the event...