vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bangor City Forest (BCF) caches...nice trails?

Default Take your time and enjoy your surroundings.

It all depends on what you consider the BCF. The Great Bangor City Forest Adventure and Cool Tools will take some time alone and will bring you out to the Board Walk. There are many others out there too that are not that easy to find.

Take your time and enjoy your surroundings. If you start early enough it can be done but rushing through them might take away from the experience of the forest. To me anyway. The BCF Adventure is said to be about 7 miles to just complete that series.

More than one day is my recommendation. The trick will be to find two good days or more to enjoy it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I did about half of them with my youngest son and we walked. It was last year before mainiac's event and we had a great time. The trails are very nice and the caches were fun. The only one I can think of that was kind of grown over was The Bogeyman. It was one of my favorites though.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Cool Tools and Dyslexic's Nightmare both took me a while. A mountain bike would be a big help.
    That is how I was thinking of doing the series, but I am not very athletic on my bike. Are the bike trails somewhat groomed?

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    That is how I was thinking of doing the series, but I am not very athletic on my bike. Are the bike trails somewhat groomed?
    I am not an expert on the "forest", but from observation, I would say it depends on your bike and your skills. Part of the trails are like roads - you could take a vehicle on them, some are old railbed and still others are cut through the forest (some natigatable by trail bike and others...........well,?????).

That is one of the things so unique and special about the area - something for everyone. I am not a bike rider so any I have done I have hiked to........and a lot of fun it was. Still have a lot left to do.

And be a litte leery of tat's suggestions when he says a mountain bike would be "fun." This is the same super-bike-crazy that did 100 caches on his mountain bike in 24 hours and I'm sure would like to pedal up Katadin if it was permitted! But Di and I have already made up our minds that we'll take our bikes when we do them...sounds perfect to us.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Many of the city forest trails are flat, hard surface, so you can bike around until you are near a cache. Walking is required in places, especially for Dyslexic's Nightmare and some of Cool Tools. Bring a lock!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    And be a litte leery of tat's suggestions when he says a mountain bike would be "fun." This is the same super-bike-crazy that did 100 caches on his mountain bike in 24 hours and I'm sure would like to pedal up Katadin if it was permitted! But Di and I have already made up our minds that we'll take our bikes when we do them...sounds perfect to us.
    Remember the trail in Solon?! now multiply your issue by 6 and enjoy standing up!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright