vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Well it's been, but it's time for it to go

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stabbing myself repeatly in the eyes with a sharp pencil to get that image out of my head.

Thanks Jake now the nightmares start all over.
    I thought some of you might "appreciate" that image!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    It IS Halloween, you know...
    True, true . . . From 5-7 tonight I'm dressing up as a Bangor Firefighter and giving out candy to kids at the Mall. No, really . . . that's where I'll be . . . no Daisy Duke shorts though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Well it's official . . . here's my ad on Craigslist . . . funny thing, still no offers.

http://maine.craigslist.org/car/464853048.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    It IS Halloween, you know...
    So does this mean there's a halloween party in Ogunquit???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well it's official . . . here's my ad on Craigslist . . . funny thing, still no offers.

http://maine.craigslist.org/car/464853048.html
    LOL! My brother-in-law is selling a car on eBay. I'll bet he gets more for his car than you get for yours.

(His hobby is entering contests. His license plate is "I WIN". This is the second car he's won! LOL!)

(Sheesh! I'd bid on his car but I know I couldn't afford the gas for a 6.1 liter engine!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    LOL! My brother-in-law is selling a car on eBay. I'll bet he gets more for his car than you get for yours.
    I want that car!

(His hobby is entering contests. His license plate is "I WIN". This is the second car he's won! LOL!)
    Wow - that's quite the car! My aunt was a contestholic too. When she died, I found a list of contests she had won dating back to the 20s. Everything from Diamond Rings, Furs and the like to blow up rafts, coupons and samples. No cars though.

Some folks are just darn lucky.

(Sheesh! I'd bid on his car but I know I couldn't afford the gas for a 6.1 liter engine!)
    Well so far I've only been offered $100 (but it is the best reasonable or unreasonable offer I've received so far), so it's fair to say the Shaver car with the 6.1 Hemi might go for a tad more.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well so far I've only been offered $100 (but it is the best reasonable or unreasonable offer I've received so far), so it's fair to say the Shaver car with the 6.1 Hemi might go for a tad more.

Maybe we should team up and you can give the garage door I'd like to give away as a package deal!
    Car for sale - garage door included!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Maybe we should team up and you can give the garage door I'd like to give away as a package deal!
    Car for sale - garage door included!
    That's not a bad idea . . . throw in my free Celica oil filter and I'm betting my phone will be ringing off the hook.

True story . . . a number of years ago I foolishly thought that I wanted a dog. I have since come to the realization that I am not a "dog person" -- other people's dogs are great (i.e. Sweetie and Jock), but I am more of a "cat person." In any case to make a long story short I ended up with a dog that was half dalmatian and half hound dog . . . which meant that he would howl all night long and when he was off his run would run and run and run and never come to me on command.

Eventually I had enough and decided to see if someone else would like Flash as a pet. In the Uncle Henrys ad I mentioned Flash and offered a free doghouse . . . it was nothing special, just something I had cobbled together with spare wood. One guy called me right up and after making sure I was serious about the dog house came by . . . last I saw of Flash was him sitting in the front of the pick-up with the old guy driving away with Flash's house in the back of the truck.

The moral of the story: Well, I'm not sure there is a moral, except that I should never own a dog . . . or my friend Joe for that matter . . . but that's just because he's had three dogs and accidentally run over two and the other ended up having cancer and dying after being with them for about three weeks.