vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

Default Another tick disease.

I wanted to pass a little information to you all that cache with your pets, and also to make you aware of this as it can also affect humans. My dog was in serious joint pain and overall tenderness this week, lack of energy, and shivering at times. My first thought was lyme disease, as she has already experienced that quite a few years ago. Off to the vet we go, only to find out after blood work and testing in the office, that it is not lyme, but another tick issue called anaplasma. This is apparently just starting to get around in Maine, as I understood it. There is no vaccination like for lyme. Be aware if you get sick or your pet gets sick that it could be this, and keep a good watch out for ticks. They are very abundant in some of themidcoast areas. From my research on the internet it sounds like it may be a relative of Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

The ticks are very abundant around here. After the first 4, we started saving them in a bottle. We have 8 in there right now and have to check Zoe daily.

Default Going to be very bad this year..

I have the Frontline on the dogs already. I am putting the spray on me too. I hate the darn things
    Happy Trails!

Cachecrashers.. do you use Dr. Underhill? He had a bag of them when I went in.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

You know, if you saved those ticks in a bottle, you could encase them in an acrylic teardrop and make ear rings out of them. Now there's a unique sig item!

So is this disease carried by wood ticks or deer ticks or both?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We started up flea/tick prevention again for Andre and the cats this month. The cats were not fans, but they'll deal.

I hope your pup is going to be okay! Poor girl

The best way to check your body for ticks? ..... Shower with a friend!

Besides, it's a nice way to get clean!

Oh yeah, don't shower with your Cat! ........Could get dangerous in that shower stall!

I found one on my belly last night burrowing its way in! Ticks freak me out. I'm starting myself on Frontline!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I'm a long time lurker, not much of a talker, but had to put my two cents in on this topic. Yesterday I spent way too long in the woods searching for and eventually finding Return of Goblers Ammo Can. Returning to the car, I spotted two ticks on my hand looking for a place to latch on. I got rid of them, but couldn't get rid of the creepy feeling of something crawling over my skin. I searched for more when I got home and couldn't find any, but still couldn't shake that creepy feeling. It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed that I finally found the culprit, big and fat buried deep in my arm pit. I don't know about Frontline, but I'm thinking about getting me one of those flea and tick collars!

Tics are awful - have hated them for years..........bring on Lewey's!