vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get Useless In Eustis IV

Kendra brought them...Johnsonville Beer Brats....yummy when cooked right and I know they cooked them perfect. Yeah, you need to make this one a weekend next year. We were behind you two briefly on Saturday.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Kendra brought them...Johnsonville Beer Brats....yummy when cooked right and I know they cooked them perfect. Yeah, you need to make this one a weekend next year. We were behind you two briefly on Saturday.
    Sheesh! Johnsonville Beer Brats? Made in some place we never heard of? You need to try Kayem beer brats - made with Harpoon IPA!

Johnsonville Beer Brats are top notch on the grill. We've been fixing them for years when we go hunting. Nothing tastes better than something hot off the grill when the temperature is hovering around freezing or below. Might have to hunt up some of the Kayem ones for comparison purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Might have to hunt up some of the Kayem ones for comparison purposes.
    Not all Kayem Beer Brats are made with Harpoon - you need to took to find them.

Default Figures

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Not all Kayem Beer Brats are made with Harpoon - you need to took to find them.
    We really like brats on the grill and the beer brats have been our favorite....except the store brand ones we found. Hannaford I think. Not much to brag about for Hannaford's.

it was walmart store brand...not hannafords but it put us off store brand beer brats in any store
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Yet another outstanding event! Outstanding breakfast, outstanding friends, an outstanding day of caching, all topped off with the outstanding array of food at the end. I'm sure there were many people bringing home food that they had brought but didn't get eaten. I toss this up as another possibility: Instead of having pot-luck (where you have no control on who brings what) have you thought of putting on a spaghetti feed? Spaghetti, sauce (some with meat, some without), salad, and garlic bread/roles? It would only take a couple of people to prepare it and a couple of people serving it out. Charge $2.00 per head or whatever it takes to cover costs. You could even have pot-luck desserts..... Just a thought.

Default Guie iv

Since I don't have too much time to think about this, I think for Gooey 4 at least, I'll stick with the last Saturday in September which in 2011 will be September 24th. I need to reserve the Group sites now (almost lost them to an ATV club one year just by hesitating a day or two)and some people make their reservations for the next year when they leave. CGF is always the third weekend after Labor Day, which usually but not always falls on the last Saturday. So you all have my permission to go to CGF on the years when there is no conflict.

I don't want to charge for anything so lets keep doing the potluck. It's more fun than a spaghetti dinner. I like eating other peoples cooking! I have some ideas for next year for those who really have a problem bringing a cooked dish.. more later.. much later...

And I like having people choose a door prize instead of just being handed one. Maybe we can draw numbers quicker and get several people at the prize table at the same time. If they all want the same prize we can watch them fight. No, they wouldn't fight, cachers are nice people..... But we can keep talking about this.. or about beer brats... your choice. I'm good to go for next year.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Thumbs up I like your thinking Jean!!

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Since I don't have too much time to think about this, I think for Gooey 4 at least, I'll stick with the last Saturday in September which in 2011 will be September 24th. I need to reserve the Group sites now (almost lost them to an ATV club one year just by hesitating a day or two)and some people make their reservations for the next year when they leave. CGF is always the third weekend after Labor Day, which usually but not always falls on the last Saturday. So you all have my permission to go to CGF on the years when there is no conflict.

I don't want to charge for anything so lets keep doing the potluck. It's more fun than a spaghetti dinner. I like eating other peoples cooking! I have some ideas for next year for those who really have a problem bringing a cooked dish.. more later.. much later...

And I like having people choose a door prize instead of just being handed one. Maybe we can draw numbers quicker and get several people at the prize table at the same time. If they all want the same prize we can watch them fight. No, they wouldn't fight, cachers are nice people..... But we can keep talking about this.. or about beer brats... your choice. I'm good to go for next year.
    This is why we keep coming. (Plus like you said I like to try other peoples home cooking)
    Happy Trails!

Maybe next year someone can log The Official Geocaching Maine Event TB in and out of the event.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."