vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyslexic's Nightmare

Default Dyslexic's Nightmare

I was wondering if anyone knows if this cache is still active. I tried emailing Team Nirvana but I have not heard back. I know a few of us recently went looking for it in the City Forest and we could not find the CDs that had the correct coordinates on them that are supposed to be hidden in two of the wrong locations.

Not sure of it's status or that of the owners, it's probably been a year since I have seen them.

I do know it can be tough to find, and mentally frustrating. And don't think the CD's are easy finds - the one I found I crawled on my hands and knees under pine trees to get to.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I spent around 4 hours plus the 1st time looking with my sister and came out empty handed and the 2nd time got lucky and the 1st coordinate I tried I found the cache itself, I never did find any CD's though. Don't give up,it is out there....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've been working on this for a while. I replaced the CD's and dug the cache out of an unfindable place. I had to use a machete and a metal detector to get it. No one would have been able to find it with out a lot of help from the owner.

I have asked to adopt it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I've been working on this for a while. I replaced the CD's and dug the cache out of an unfindable place. I had to use a machete and a metal detector to get it. No one would have been able to find it with out a lot of help from the owner.

I have asked to adopt it.
    Interesting, when I found it a few years back it was sitting near a big pine tree pretty much out in the open. I did find a CD as Alex had just replaced them after the winter
    Happy Trails!

The pine needles had covered it real well. and it looked like more brush had fallen or been put on it. If I hadn't had the metal detector I never would have found it.

All better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    The pine needles had covered it real well. and it looked like more brush had fallen or been put on it. If I hadn't had the metal detector I never would have found it.
    Sheesh! Could we get a legal opinion here. Is using a metal detector to find a cache abusing the rules or what?

dang another new toy I need to get to go caching

Default What rules?

There are no rules. Or any that I can follow.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Could we get a legal opinion here. Is using a metal detector to find a cache abusing the rules or what?

If its that buried, its probably way out of the maintenance schedule that ought to be followed, yet because of the searching needed its probably not checked on as often. After I finish these two nightmares, I think I'll be done with multi's of this nature for a while. They take you a lot of places but are sure a lot of work for a DNF it they aren't actually there...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry