vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RE: For better (according to my wife) or for worse (according to me) Spring is coming

Talking fresh snow for camping!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Oh no . . . I'm very excited about Tuesday and Wednesday's storm since it's projected to bring in 6-12 inches . . . unfortunately it's a mixed bag storm.
    ...but Camping this weekend is going to be AWESOME!!!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . unfortunately it's a mixed bag storm.
    Head north young man.......we don't allow that mixed bag up here.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    what you kids call it nowadays is none of my business!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

How did you guys make out for snow? When I left the house it was still snowing, but once I hit the Dixmont Hills it changed to a mist . . . right now it looks like we did pretty well with 7-8 inches of snow.

Also . . . a reminder to me . . . from the snowmobile trails how do you get to the camping area . . . maybe Rick can clue me in as to how to get there from Newport? If my brother-in-law from CT comes up alone I'll see if I can't convince him to make the ride up north . . . if he comes up with his girlfriend it will be local riding for us since she is a newbie and isn't up to doing long rides.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Geocaching....The use of a GPS unit to find a hidden object....Put in the co-ords and follow the arrow....thats how I get to Unity from here. There is also something called Google Earth.....that even has pictures! You could report a fire at the campsite...then follow the fire trucks. If all else fails ask Rick.

I'm not going to be able to go, but if anyone wants to record a report, I will use it on the podcast. If you have cell service out there you can record a message at 333-8651, or if you have a recorder (check your Palm device - if you have a Zire it probably has a microphone!) you could do it and then email it to me when you get home. We're always looking for interesting stuff.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    I'm not going to be able to go, but if anyone wants to record a report, I will use it on the podcast. If you have cell service out there you can record a message at 333-8651, or if you have a recorder (check your Palm device - if you have a Zire it probably has a microphone!) you could do it and then email it to me when you get home. We're always looking for interesting stuff.
    Kathy most of us up this way are still communicating by pounding on a hollow tree with a stick . But I'm sure Tat or Maniac will have the capability to send you something for the Podcast. Wish you could be there to capture all the goings on yourself. Maybe next year.

Kathy most of us up this way are still communicating by pounding on a hollow tree with a stick . But I'm sure Tat or Maniac will have the capability to send you something for the Podcast. Wish you could be there to capture all the goings on yourself. Maybe next year.
    Heh.. yeah the report from someone up that way would sound somethin like this "thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud... *CRACK*!!! (get a new stick) thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud..."

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Heh.. yeah the report from someone up that way would sound somethin like this "thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud... *CRACK*!!! (get a new stick) thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud...thud thud... thud thud thump, thump thud thud thump, thud..."

thud thud...thud thud thump....thud thud!!!!!