vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Priceless

Default You've got to be Kidding?

Really? Did you some how come away with the impression that I was not being funny here Bruce? What side of the bed did you wake up on? And I if I do mention from time to time what I do for living, it's almost always with a "smile." The hat, Sugarloaf. What's your's say? That's a nasty post my friend to something obviously intended to be funny!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We'll probably see excuses/explanations for this sterotypically offensive post, but...

For the record: RULOST2?'s family lives in Mississippi and Tennessee.

1. They are NOT NASCAR fans.
    2. They don't care for scrapple - a Pennsylvania, New Jersey staple.
    3. Only RULOST2?'s father - a disabled veteran - drives an American car - a Ford Crown Vic.
    4. Hats? Just curious, but what logo is on the hat you're wearing in your avatar?
    5. Yeah - we KNOW you're a lawyer. At least 75% of your posts mention it.
    6. Gravy? Hmmm... Been to the deep south several times, lived in Texas and North Carolina, but never saw anyone putting gravy on everything. Confused about this one.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

At least FFJ understood the humor in my post. Sheesh is right!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Just for the record, what is scrapple?

I've tried grits when I was in Emmitsburg, MD . . . tasted like salty cream of wheat to me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default scrapple?

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Just for the record, what is scrapple?

I've tried grits when I was in Emmitsburg, MD . . . tasted like salty cream of wheat to me.
    It's the leftover grits that is "scraped" out of the bowls after it has hardened, and then it is deep fried. Mmmmmm...
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I thought scrapple was bits of pig parts that was put together kinda like spam. I'll google it and find out!

Ok we're both right--it's pig parts and cornmeal mixed together and fried.

Smile Just thought I would share.....

Service call to repair leaky valve, on my furnace. $85.00

Service call to clean furnace. $115.00

Email from your sweetheart to remind you to make the call. PRICELESS.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Really? Did you some how come away with the impression that I was not being funny here Bruce? What side of the bed did you wake up on? And I if I do mention from time to time what I do for living, it's almost always with a "smile." The hat, Sugarloaf. What's your's say? That's a nasty post my friend to something obviously intended to be funny!
    Perpetuating pejorative stereotypes is never "being funny", Dan. Your comments were right up there with Don Imus's "nappy headed hoes" remark. How about if I make a remark about African-Americans liking fried chicken and watermelon. Do you think that nobody would take offense at that?

Your message was offensive. Leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    At least FFJ understood the humor in my post. Sheesh is right!
    Making fun of yourself is one thing. Making fun of others is another.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Perpetuating pejorative stereotypes is never "being funny", Dan. Your comments were right up there with Don Imus's "nappy headed hoes" remark. How about if I make a remark about African-Americans liking fried chicken and watermelon. Do you think that nobody would take offense at that?

Your message was offensive. Leave it at that.
    Folks view different things differently. I too might be guilty of viewing Dan's thread as an innocent poke at southerners instead of some racist type of comments much like one might take an innocent poke at folks living in Unity only having one tooth and dating their sister cousin.

However, as I said . . . different people view things differently as we have all experienced life differently . . . what is funny to one, is offensive to others.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."