vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter pocket queries

Question Winter pocket queries

I went out caching this morning and with the small amount of snow on the ground, and lots more coming. I had to dig out one of the containers and it reminded me to run my " Winter in Maine " PQs. I made up the 2 that would cover the state, and received the email telling me they were ready to be downloaded. But here's the weird thing. One of them had the pq as an attachment like it used to be. I downloaded the attachment to my desktop and it loaded just fine. The other pq has not yet shown up on my pq page to be downloaded.

Has anyone else had this happen to them lately?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

If they are under the 500 limit you can get them the old way. Check the PQ carefully. If it is new and didn't run right away there has to be a problem with the settings like date when it was to run.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Gary, not to change the subject but how to you depict in the PQ whether it is a winter cache or not?
    Blazing Troll

Post Attributes to include

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Gary, not to change the subject but how to you depict in the PQ whether it is a winter cache or not?
    at the bottom of the PQ page there are 2 boxes of icons. The first one is labeled " attributes to include " . Just click on the snowflake for winter friendly. That way all of the caches in the PQ will be listed as winter friendly.
    Likewise you could choose an icon from the second box listed as " attributes to exclude ". It allows you to customize your searches.

I did and always do create my PQ's for 1000 caches and that's what loaded.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I went out caching this morning and with the small amount of snow on the ground, and lots more coming. I had to dig out one of the containers and it reminded me to run my " Winter in Maine " PQs. I made up the 2 that would cover the state, and received the email telling me they were ready to be downloaded. But here's the weird thing. One of them had the pq as an attachment like it used to be. I downloaded the attachment to my desktop and it loaded just fine. The other pq has not yet shown up on my pq page to be downloaded.

Has anyone else had this happen to them lately?
    I just run 6 PQ's for all the caches in the state and then I can filter them in GSAK and list only the winter friendly caches where I want to go by using the poly/arc tool in the filter.

Lightbulb Yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    I just run 6 PQ's for all the caches in the state and then I can filter them in GSAK and list only the winter friendly caches where I want to go by using the poly/arc tool in the filter.
    I wasn't very good at geometry in school, or math in general for that matter.

Thanks for the info. My Winter PQ finally came in.....just before the storm.

Default Ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I wasn't very good at geometry in school, or math in general for that matter.

Thanks for the info. My Winter PQ finally came in.....just before the storm.
    That's the beauty of the filters in GSAK. No need for geometry or even math. The tools do all the work.

That's the beauty of the filters in GSAK. No need for geometry or even math. The tools do all the work.
    thank you to the GSAK 101 class for this knowledge
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Thumbs up Attributes tab

It is not actually the poly/arc tool, over 2 tabs in the filter is the listing for attributes. I like having my Winter PQ in a separate database, for several reasons, but for others this is a GREAT tool.

Just open the filter and look to the far right under the attributes tab. You have 2 choices ALL or ANY. I used the ANY, and checked off the " available during winter " and viola!

Thanks Kev

Default PLEASE, PLEASE USE Attributes when hiding

I only wish more people filled in attributes when hiding a cache, so many I go after have no attributes so you could go snowshoeing for a couple of miles to find it's under 4 feet of snow, not that that will stop me Will be working on a night only (fire tack) style and would be horrible to not put "needs flashlight" as an attribute.