vb:literal>

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowshoe Event

Thumbs up Can't Wait!

Thank you so much T2H and Nik for putting this together!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Default snowmobiles too....

I stopped by the Bradbury Mtn State Park today to meet the rangers and make all of the final arrangements for the event. There is a shared trail with snowmobiles, and it goes all the way to the top of the mountain. Maybe someone could post what trail it is and where it would come from. 1manteam and I spent the morning hiking the trails and taking a few pictures. The pavilion is covered and has a fireplace. Looks like all we need is a little more snow, and good weather. iampaw has just placed a new cache in the park, and there might just be another one placed before the event.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default How far....

is it from where will be parking to where we can camp? I am still planning on camping.
    Happy Trails!

Default Easy access to camping

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    is it from where will be parking to where we can camp? I am still planning on camping.
    Yes it does. We will be parking in the day use area, I will have notes (similar to a geocaching hall pass) for those who will be parking overnight. The snowmobile trail heads across the road to the camping area. There is also a small area at the gate to stop and drop off equipment. The distance is short, maybe .15
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I stopped by the Bradbury Mtn State Park today to meet the rangers and make all of the final arrangements for the event. There is a shared trail with snowmobiles, and it goes all the way to the top of the mountain. Maybe someone could post what trail it is and where it would come from.
    Here are the trail maps from Bradbury State Park website:

West Side of Rte 9

East Side of Rte 9

People may want to print out a copy of these maps to bring to event with you.
    If I think of it I will print out some extras too.
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Default Trail maps..

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    I also picked up a copy of the trail maps from the park today. I will bring lots of copies with me. It's not a huge place. Troy and I made the 330' ascent to the summit in 13 minutes. Stopping along the way to take a few pics. But we still don't want anyone getting lost.

Unhappy can't open

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Here are the trail maps from Bradbury State Park website:

West Side of Rte 9

East Side of Rte 9

Is anyone else having trouble opening the East Side link above? It might be my adobe reader that's acting up...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble opening the East Side link above? It might be my adobe reader that's acting up...
    Hmm...I tried both links and they seem to work fine from my end.....
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

I just opened the East one and it worked fine: http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/maps/...ailMapEast.pdf
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I just opened the East one and it worked fine: http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/maps/...ailMapEast.pdf
    I get the error message that the file is damaged. I'll try later.