vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSAK event comments/questions

Default GSAK event comments/questions

I thought I'd start this for anyone who would want to post tips they learned from the event that may help those that did not make it, and for anyone with questions that are still unanswered. Do it while it's still fresh on your mind!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I just want to say the class was great. I learned a few shortcuts and a few options that I new nothing about....well more like I did not know they even existed. The teachers are very well informed and know their way around GSAK and I know that it was very much appriciated by all.
    The only downside is I really wanted to learn about macros, What they are, how to use them, ect... Maybe there will be another class at some point.

Once again, Thank you to all who made this possible. I remeber asking brdad for this when I first started geocaching back in feb of 2010 and it worked.

So Brdad how about a gsak class event on intermediate use of the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife....pppppppleeeease

I think a macro class would be fun. I'm not sure if I am enough of the teacher type to do it myself. I did learn a lot yesterday about how a good instruction of this sort is run, and I have some ideas for how I think a successful macro class might be handled. I've started jotting down a few notes already.

Perhaps Rich and Brad and me can put our two heads together and make it happen.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'm familiar with the macros I use. And I'm familiar with how to load them. Anyone near Belgrade/Augusta who needs help can ask and if I'm not working, caching or (this time of year) hunting, we can see about getting answers.

Default Ditto.....

I most definitely would like more on macros as well. With Rich's permission, what about placing his PowerPoint presentation as an article here on GCM?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default In addition....

Dave, what are your thoughts about adding a separate category in the forum menu section just for GSAK?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    I most definitely would like more on macros as well. With Rich's permission, what about placing his PowerPoint presentation as an article here on GCM?
    That is a good idea. Since it's a PDF, we'll have to post a link to it. Maybe I can make an article of GSAK resources. Give me a few days, then remind me.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Dave, what are your thoughts about adding a separate category in the forum menu section just for GSAK?
    As you wish...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Next class should be a double one. One for the new comers like we just had and in another room a more advanced class for the people that have had the first one or are already familiar with GSAK.

This should get something for everyone. I know it would be a lot more work though.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Yeah, I think two classes are too much for one day. We can tell better when we have an idea how much would have to go into a macro class.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Not really

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Yeah, I think two classes are too much for one day. We can tell better when we have an idea how much would have to go into a macro class.
    I'm not so sure. I'm sure there are a bunch that would like to attend the 101. Now there is a bunch that have taken that and want/need the 202.

One location for the 101 and in the other a 202.

Just like a geocaching class I was part of not long ago. Some really needed the very basics and others needed/wanted a more advanced tutorial. We eventually broke up into two separate classes as the newbies questions were slowing down the others and could not be addressed properly.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 11-07-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.