vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Rendez-vous Quebec 8/2/2008

Yes, Dubord207........Cache Maine finds deals......and shares them too! Do tell.
    Last edited by hollora; 03-19-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Default camping.....

The last time I was in Quebec it was cooooold!! Brrrrr....like 2 degrees with wind chills at -20 at night. And then there was the parking issues...

Anyone going that would be interested in camping?

accrocher par un feu de camp et boire et dire cachant des histoires.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Depends on travel arrangements.........but, I do love to sit by a campfire, enjoy Canadian Beer! and tell stories.........as long as you have the filter LOL!

Hopefully they will have the camping information posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Anyone going that would be interested in camping?
    RULOST2? and I will probably take our pop-up and spend 3-4 days. There are a LOT of caches in the area...

Smile Re Deals in and near Quebec City

Most of the American chains have hotels in Quebec. There are Hamptons and there are Econolodges, all clean and heck of lot less than the places located near Centre Ville. You can go online with ChoiceHotels.com for Econolodge, Quality Inn, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn. There are also a lot of smaller inns that are close to downtown that are also nice. Hotel Grande Allee comes to mind. It's next to the Loew's Concorde, quaint, a little lean for parking, but a great location. I'll put a little more thought into this when I have more time. Big party here at the Dubord's this weekend. The real message is Quebec is a beautiful city, like being in Europe and there are deals if you know where to look. I can imagine there's a lot of great caches on Isle D'orleans and near the Mont Morency falls and park.

If there is anyone out there that is seriously considering the thought of attending this event and would like to work together on planning with others, please email or PM me and let me know. The ones that I have already talked to can disregard. Quebec, here we come!

Default quebec event

i would like to plan with others who would like to go to the quebec event and either have room in a vehicle, or want to share a camp site, or hotel where people will stay at (i dont mind getting my own room). i can take my jeep and someone is welcome to ride along with me. at most, if i take my jeep, although it seats 4 people, that wont be the case with additional items.

contact me via email at mescorpian@gwi.net

Just received registration materials via email for the event. The form for your name tag and things.

It appears there will be activities on Friday night for those of us who make it up by then. Not sure if they will make this into or publish Friday night as an event.

Saturday it looks like at noon we are on our own for lunch. The cafeteria is going to be open but they ask you to register for the meal (which you will pay for at the cafe). Also they are offering meals (preregistration) at the cafe Sat. breakfast, Sat. supper and Sunday AM breakfast.

Have filled out my registration but not committed for meals yet. Thought I would wait and see what others are doing.

Their on-line store is open too.

Bringing the Ez-E-Up for us Maine folks to have a meeting spot. Maybe Mainiac1957 still has the flag from GW5. I am sure Mainiac1957 will have some thoughts when he returns from GW6.

Just a reminder, ff there is anyone out there that is seriously considering the thought of attending this event and would like to work together on planning with others, please email or PM me and let me know. The ones that I have already talked to can disregard.

Also we should note, there has been a slight change of venue to a new location. If I remember correctly about 1 kilometer away.