vb:literal>

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

I have to ask the legal types on here and it was brought up a while back. I paid for my birth certificate to be mailed to me because I had to have it for a passport. They sent me the wrong one. This has bothered me a lot since. I had to fill out a lengthy form and they sent the wrong one. Does this happen a lot? With identity theft and all, this really bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I have to ask the legal types on here and it was brought up a while back. I paid for my birth certificate to be mailed to me because I had to have it for a passport. They sent me the wrong one. This has bothered me a lot since. I had to fill out a lengthy form and they sent the wrong one. Does this happen a lot? With identity theft and all, this really bothers me.

Seriously? Who do they say you are?

Same first and last name. Middle different, but starts with same letter. Birth date one year off, same month and inverted day number. Every thing else way off except the state where born.

Isn't it ironic you need a birth certificate to get a document as simple as a passport, yet anyone can become president?

Oops, back on topic. I haven't done them but there are two caches you might want to consider while on MDI which I have heard people like. Perhaps someone who has done them can explain accessibility by foot.

The Ovens (GCX2A5) by parmachenee (2/5)
    The Ovens–2 if by land, 5 if by sea (GCZ5JA) by TerryDad2 (2/2)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Isn't it ironic you need a birth certificate to get a document as simple as a passport, yet anyone can become president?

Oops, back on topic. I haven't done them but there are two caches you might want to consider while on MDI which I have heard people like. Perhaps someone who has done them can explain accessibility by foot.

The Ovens (GCX2A5) by parmachenee (2/5)
    The Ovens–2 if by land, 5 if by sea (GCZ5JA) by TerryDad2 (2/2)
    Glad you brought these two up. I added those to my list and would really like to know how to access them by foot. Especially the 5-terrain one!

Same first and last name. Middle different, but starts with same letter. Birth date one year off, same month and inverted day number. Every thing else way off except the state where born.
    Ahhhh, hmmm..... Maybe you are not who you think you are. LOL
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

If the birthdate makes you younger, I'd hold onto that one instead...

Getting back on topic. I haven't followed all the thread but I travel from Niskayuna (Schenectady) to either Portland or Waterville often to see the children and grandchildren. I hardly ever take interstate 90 but cut across VT and NH by going to Bennington VT and Keene NH. Then depending on my mood either go to Manchester NH and Portsmouth NH via rt 101 or go to Concord NH and Wells ME via rt 9. While this is shorter by about 60 miles it is a little slower but more scenic and my time is just about the same to Portland. You might want to consider it as a possible route.

A house is not a home without a cat.

I think his route TO Maine is established, since he's coming from Plattsburgh. But this sounds like a great suggestion for going back.

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    Glad you brought these two up. I added those to my list and would really like to know how to access them by foot. Especially the 5-terrain one!
    Becket and I did both of these in a snow storm shortly after the second one was published (Earthcache). Nothing like walking on a beach at low tide in a snow squall (well light one). There are parking coords for the Earthcache and it will hold 1 car (sort of a pull off on the side of the road) and provide you with an access to the shore (down over what appeared to be a storm drain) - I would call this about 2 1/2 to get down to the water but everyone rates a bit differently (those who cache with me will tell you - I slip and fall).

You must go on an outgoing or low tide and move right along as once high tide comes - well....you know the picture.....no beach. Both of these caches are doable and a reasonable walk down a pebbled to rocky beach. Read the Earthcache page so you know what you need to perform for an exercise to satisfy the Earthcache requirements to log. Get to the area and perform your excercise. parmachenee's cache has spot on coords and should not be a hard find - coming to or going back as I remember it.

This is one of my more memorable caches. Also - that parking coordinate helps eleviate boating over.

If you have questions - feel free to email me.