vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geo-x Extreme Geocaching

Exclamation Geo-x Extreme Geocaching

Extreme Geocaching!! This has been a memorable summer for the Team, and it is now time to tell you of a recent geocaching trip, or " GEO-X TOUR 06 " as it has come to be named. I just returned from 5 days, 4 states, ( ME,NH,VT,and NY ) 54 caches, only 3 P/G's, most were short hikes, and nearly 1000 miles. This hardly seems extreme, when compared to what Sudonim, and Gobler went thru to log the DeLorme Challenge. But still I belive it qualifies as Extreme Geocaching. As of the 15th we have logged 96 caches, and with a trip to the county, next weekend we hope to come close to 150 for the month of September. Are you an Extreme Geocacher? Tell us your GEO-X story!! This thread is for Extreme stories ONLY! If your story is NOT GEO-X, please find another appropriate thread to post to. Thank you.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

In June, RULOST2? and I cached in 11 states in 10 days. It that "extreme"?

Thumbs up Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    In June, RULOST2? and I cached in 11 states in 10 days. It that "extreme"?
    Yes that would be GEO-X Extreme Geocaching.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

And then this one time, at band camp...

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo View Post
    And then this one time, at band camp...
    OFF TOPIC!!!!

what about jumping into a wicked cold river to chase after a GPSr?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Red face Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    OFF TOPIC!!!!

what about jumping into a wicked cold river to chase after a GPSr?

Thanks Hiram,

But you escapades only qualify you as __________. I was not there so I should not judge. That's why it is blank. But your adventure, does NOT qualify to be GEO-X.

Exclamation Examples

Extreme Geocaching, or GEO-X

If you have travelled and the main activity on your trip was caching. Your finds were only out numbered by the miles. And included numerous states, and or countries.

If you have cached from sunrise to sunset, (or longer) and found more than 15-20 caches. Park and grabs NEVER count towards GEO-X. The caches need to ones, that have to hiked to, NOT parked next to.

If you look for caches and spend the entire day doing difficulty 4.0 or greater finds, that would be GEO-X.

I am hoping to excite the caching community, about Extreme Geocaching, or GEO-X. You can find examples on the internet. I hope to bring it back here to Maine. Maybe even have a GEO-X EVENT, or a GEO-X TOUR.

Let me know if you are interested in and ready for GEO-X

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post

If you have travelled and the main activity on your trip was caching. Your finds were only out numbered by the miles. And included numerous states, and or countries.

If you have cached from sunrise to sunset, (or longer) and found more than 15-20 caches. Park and grabs NEVER count towards GEO-X. The caches need to ones, that have to hiked to, NOT parked next to.

If you look for caches and spend the entire day doing difficulty 4.0 or greater finds, that would be GEO-X.

I am hoping to excite the caching community, about Extreme Geocaching, or GEO-X. You can find examples on the internet. I hope to bring it back here to Maine. Maybe even have a GEO-X EVENT, or a GEO-X TOUR.

Let me know if you are interested in and ready for GEO-X

Ahhh ok, I think I get it now, it's more of a record breaking and numbers of difficult caches kinda thing? There was a day last winter I did about 4 caches on the mt. tops over in belgrade and that was an all day hike/freeze kinda trip, does that count or does it have to be an extensive travel?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post

I've told this story before, but I'll include it here for the Geo-X thread:

RULOST2? and I were the first to find the "Welcome to Chisasibi" cache. It was place on Dec 23, 2002, and we found it on Aug 25, 2004 (and it's still only been found a total of 3 times).

We were camping in Radison, Quebec, about 700 miles north of here - literally at the end of the road. We wanted to get on the internet, but the internet cafe didn't open until 4:00 that afternoon. So we decided to drive 50-or-so miles to Chisasibi to visit the Cree Indian village. Looked around, went to the shore of James Bay, and returned to Radison. Got on the internet, looked up the cache we knew was somewhere in the area, and guess where it was: Chisasibi. (This was before our paperless caching days) So the next morning we drove the 50-or-so miles back to Chisasibi to log the cache. Total miles for 1 cache: over 200.

Thumbs up Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ahhh ok, I think I get it now, it's more of a record breaking and numbers of difficult caches kinda thing? There was a day last winter I did about 4 caches on the mt. tops over in belgrade and that was an all day hike/freeze kinda trip, does that count or does it have to be an extensive travel?

That IS GEO-X.

Doing nothing but 4 wheel caches ALL day would be GEO-X
    Maine ORCA and Extreme Geocaching go together.