vb:literal>

Thread: ATTN: brdad - PhotoMarbles

Default ATTN: brdad - PhotoMarbles

brdad...I was searching on the web and came across a sight that featured your photomarbles...those are sooo neat. How do you do them?

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/...dad/index.html

Cool neat!

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    brdad...I was searching on the web and came across a sight that featured your photomarbles...those are sooo neat. How do you do them?

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/...dad/index.html
    Those are really cool!! I'm not sure if I've seen one on the trails or not...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Glad you like them.

The flat marbles themselves are the type sold at craft stores, I use the largest size, 1.25" - 1.5". Then I print out the pictures on photo paper, cut the pic to the shape of the marbles, and glue on with clear epoxy. I have made some with E6000 craft glue with decent results, too. You have to use a little extra glue so it is sure to fill all the voids on the back side of the marble. Then I just coat all exposed paper in more epoxy, and stick a magnet on the back. It's that simple, and they even came out better than I had expected. There are web sites with similar instructions, do a web search for "flat marbles" or "glass wafers" and you should find similar instructions.

I'm pondering a new sig item (if I ever get out caching again ), so the few I have left to put in caches may be the last. I think I have put out 700 to 1000 of them. So if you want one you'd better pay attention to where I have been.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

will do! Yeah I was trying to figure out what my signature item would be ... that's how I came across those!

Quote Originally Posted by bmeserve View Post
    will do! Yeah I was trying to figure out what my signature item would be ... that's how I came across those!
    Feel free to use the idea for your own sig, using pictures that represent yourself.

If you do make them, when you get the glass marbles, make sure they are clear, some have a metallic tint to them and don't work so well. They are usually by the fake flower section of the craft stores.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    They are usually by the fake flower section of the craft stores.
    Sheesh! (Deep voice of HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey): I don't think you should be spending so much time in the fake flower section, Dave...