vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finally ... !

Default Finally ... !

It 'twas about a year ago when I hopped on these forums in anticipation of a big caching trip to Maine that eventually fizzled. I put it on hold as others backed out and thought ahead.

Then I find out this year that I have reached a milestone year at work and get an extra paid week of vacation! Being I was told mid-year, it it going to be hard to take it all at once, so I'm plotting and plotting.

I had two choices (I adjunct teach at a college, so my only true options are leaving mid-afternoon on a Thursday and leaving Monday...)

Seattle for a power run to the trifecta.
    or
    Maine

Being a photographer as well, I have pretty much decided I am heading to Maine in either late September or mid-October. I have two weekends, but I have to wait to see which one I can get off at work.

I'll probably be going solo on this trip, so I'm looking forward to it. Basically I am going to cache my way up to Portland on the first night, then get up early that Friday and head to Bar Harbor, where I'll stay through Monday morning. I'm looking forward to the big Earthcache in Acadia (if anyone in that area has been thinking about doing that and some of the others, please let me know and maybe a few could get together and do these?) and just being able to relax for a few days in that area.

That Monday, I want to drive down Route 1, hitting some caches of course, go to LL Bean in Freeport, then continue my way home.

I'm hoping for a stress-free weekend and maybe the chance to meet some cachers. If anyone is planning any events for late September or mid-October and they are in that area, I'll keep an eye out to maybe meet some people!

Now I just have to hope nothing goes crazy before the trip. =)

Well, we have plenty of caches up here.... you could probably do 500 or more in a weekend depending on how many days you have. And I think you could do it solo. Thats how dense Maine is for caches.

Not sure I will be looking for 500 caches! I'll be happy with 50 or so!

I'm looking forward to it, as long as the time off from work is approved. I haven't been to Maine in several years and will look forward to going back with caching in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    Not sure I will be looking for 500 caches! I'll be happy with 50 or so!

I'm looking forward to it, as long as the time off from work is approved. I haven't been to Maine in several years and will look forward to going back with caching in mind!
    Why do 50 when you can do 500? ha ha ;-)

I'd rather do 5 that were memorable than 500 that I'd forget!

Of course, even remembering 5 is a chore for me...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'd rather do 5 that were memorable than 500 that I'd forget!

Of course, even remembering 5 is a chore for me...
    I'd rather do 500 that were memorable, than 5 that were done just do do a few caches.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I'd rather do 500 that were memorable, than 5 that were done just do do a few caches.
    Exactly! I just need to find out where the 500 memorable ones are!

Actually, that could be a neat event game - provide the cache name and detailed location of as many of your found caches as possible in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by brdad; 07-26-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default C'mon guys!

I'd rather read one log about a cacher having fun than 2 cachers trying to one-up each other!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I'd rather read one log about a cacher having fun than 2 cachers trying to one-up each other!
    Well said, Danny boy!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Have you actually had a log that was more than TFTC?!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright