vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: An Event Idea...

Default An Event Idea...

RULost2? and I recently attended a geocaching event in New Brunswick, and I think the idea of the event would be good in Maine.

The idea is, they have a weekly Sunday morning breakfast event (9-11AM), held in a different part of New Brunswick each week (same location every month). I think a weekly event in Maine - possibly venues in Bangor, Augusta, Portland and Lewiston/Auburn - would be well received.

Comments?

The CT geocachers have something similar - a wings & beer the 2nd Wednesday of every month. They only log it as an event the first time they attend. I think it's a good idea but is weekly too often?
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Thumbs up I agree Bruce....

I post those every month here on GCMe. I too would like to see someone step up and try it.
    Happy Trails!

could someone please tell me the name of the cache in waterville at the end of water street? i dropped two tbs there i had way to long but forgot the name of the cache- thanks.
    Craftycaching----Ami

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    I think it's a good idea but is weekly too often?
    I don't think weekly is too often - the idea is that it is a fairly local event, and not really intended for statewide participation (although people "from away" are entirely welcome). I'm thinking about people (like us) for whom going out to breakfast on a Sunday morning is more the rule than the exception. I mean, I'm thinking of an event even MORE informal that t he WWWWWW events! LOL!

At the event we attended, I was really impressed with how almost everyone made an effort to come up and introduce themselves.
    Probably more because of the fact that we were the only strange faces, but...
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 03-16-2010 at 07:30 PM.

could someone please tell me the name of the cache in waterville at the end of water street?
    Could it be
    Mother's Day Cache
    GC1C5KH

A house is not a home without a cat.

OK, I'll do it. I have been talking to Hollora about it before and this is a good idea. I think I'll take the first Sunday here in Bangor.

Does Governor's sound good for the first one?
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 03-17-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Looking

Quote Originally Posted by craftycaching View Post
    could someone please tell me the name of the cache in waterville at the end of water street? i dropped two tbs there i had way to long but forgot the name of the cache- thanks.
    You can just look at the map and see the caches.

Lombard Micro GCXJ3B
    Mother's Day Cache GC1C5KH
    Fish The Kennebec #21 Pollock GC20CNR

Those are the three on Water St.

If you need more help just ask. We can walk you through any of this junk.

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I don't think weekly is too often - the idea is that it is a fairly local event, and not really intended for statewide participation (although people "from away" are entirely welcome). I'm thinking about people (like us) for whom going out to breakfast on a Sunday morning is more the rule than the exception. I mean, I'm thinking of an event even MORE informal that t he WWWWWW events! LOL!

At the event we attended, I was really impressed with how almost everyone made an effort to come up and introduce themselves.
    Probably more because of the fact that we were the only strange faces, but...
    Just the opposite for me. People shy way and kids run screaming. I probably should ease up on the growling a little.

I get the feeling I'm talking to myself too much too.

I like the idea that these events are never archived, and that the date is just edited for each meeting. For some reason I was thinking this was not allowed anymore and that these examples were grandfathered? Tom? Tom?

Hopefully that is not the case.

We could actually use our Geocaching Maine account to host this type of event if everyone liked the idea and thought it was appropriate.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."