vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cache at Seminary Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Since when was the final location on a puzzle cache a concern?!
    I have (final location) caches, with-in 50 feet of other caches!
    That's true. I placed a cache in the morning in Sidney then did one of Mapachi's puzzle caches the next week. I was a little shocked to discover my Faux Pas. I emailed quick to apologize and fixed it as fast as I could.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mapachi
    Since when was the final location on a puzzle cache a concern?!
    I have (final location) caches, with-in 50 feet of other caches

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    who approved that? :P
    Ooops! I hope it wasn't me, but, as many of you know I am MainePublisher. Reviewers try hard to let cache hiders know about these issues before the cache is published. Likely I missed this so please accept my apology to both hider and finders.

"Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline."

This can be especially confusing for cache finders because they know they can count on the final location being at least 528 feet. There may be folks that solved the puzzle correctly, but never seek the cache because the coordinates appear wrong.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    This can be especially confusing for cache finders because they know they can count on the final location being at least 528 feet. There may be folks that solved the puzzle correctly, but never seek the cache because the coordinates appear wrong.
    That's exactly what happened! I saw a cache placed where my final location of a puzzle cache was. I said nothing. Later a cacher left a note that they didn't look for the cache because there was already a regular cache there! And yes I think it was a Fins2right cache.
    Last edited by brdad; 08-03-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: wrong cacher name.

Just to add some data to this discussion...

I didn't solve MaineHockeyFan's puzzle before trying to list the new cache, which I should have. Even so, I still placed the new one just barely too close to the listed coordinate (450 feet rather than 520). My fault on both counts, even though he didn't have permission to place his in the first place.

I have since solved his puzzle (about five minutes after getting the rejection letter from Groundspeak ), and discovered that the pair of coordinates (listed and real) would preclude any use of the Seminary Hill campus for another cache.

Sooooooo...

I have contacted MaineHockeyFan, and he expressed a complete willingness to move the listed coordinate for his puzzle cache to a spot that works for both of us - He won't have to take a decent puzzle cache out of the field, and we can place our own cache at Seminary Hill (not exactly at our first choice of locations, but at least on the campus).

So it looks like we don't have any insurmountable problems here - I apologize for having said I'd get a new cache out for the event and then taking so long to get it listed, but all should end well.
    Ego non quaero te in nomine Patris, sed in nomine Signali.

"Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline."

Wait - So for puzzle caches, wouldn't that tend to make the *listed* location effectively just a nonphysical parking coordinate?

Not asking for any special treatment, but can you tell me which one 2CJ12 failed for (as I mention, I've since solved the puzzle, so not giving anything away)? I think the solution we've come up with should address both cases, but now I wonder if we needed to bother, or if I should have taken the counter-intuitive step of moving it closer to the listed coordinate for 21D52...

Quote Originally Posted by ribnag View Post
    Just to add some data to this discussion...

I didn't solve MaineHockeyFan's puzzle before trying to list the new cache, which I should have. Even so, I still placed the new one just barely too close to the listed coordinate (450 feet rather than 520). My fault on both counts, even though he didn't have permission to place his in the first place.

I have since solved his puzzle (about five minutes after getting the rejection letter from Groundspeak ), and discovered that the pair of coordinates (listed and real) would preclude any use of the Seminary Hill campus for another cache.

Sooooooo...

I have contacted MaineHockeyFan, and he expressed a complete willingness to move the listed coordinate for his puzzle cache to a spot that works for both of us - He won't have to take a decent puzzle cache out of the field, and we can place our own cache at Seminary Hill (not exactly at our first choice of locations, but at least on the campus).

So it looks like we don't have any insurmountable problems here - I apologize for having said I'd get a new cache out for the event and then taking so long to get it listed, but all should end well.
    *sarcasm filter enabled* NOW WAIT JUST ONE SECOND THERE SKIPPY!!! THERE'S ONE REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ALL OF THIS.....

Will all of our signatures on the logbook still count as a find?? And will we all get a co-ftf, because we worked really hard on fitting all of our names in there before Mainiac's signature at the top.....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hiram357 : Will all of our signatures on the logbook still count as a find?

I'll leave that up to each of you... If you feel a personal need to re-sign it, go ahead and stop by some day; If not, I won't delete your logs from GC.com.

As for FTF... You guys made a right mess of that first page.

Good work Ben, on getting it fixed and figuring the %^$&* puzzle out out. I must be looking too hard into that durn thing.

As for your question in chat, yes, it's IRC! Sorry I was not paying attention to respond.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by ribnag View Post
    Hiram357 : Will all of our signatures on the logbook still count as a find?

I'll leave that up to each of you... If you feel a personal need to re-sign it, go ahead and stop by some day; If not, I won't delete your logs from GC.com.

As for FTF... You guys made a right mess of that first page.
    heh, that's good, because we all know how Brad is about those numbers......
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Nice work everyone! Now, (scratching head).........someday I will get that puzzle done..............