vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nominations for board members

Sheesh! Several well qualified candidates - should be a great campaign! LOL!

Sheesh! Tried to edit a post, screwed it up; tried to delete it, screwed that up...

Getting old is tough...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sheesh! We have at least 3 well qualified new candidates this year. Lets add another... I nominate Sarah Palin.

Sheesh! Just kidding!!!
    While it'd be nice to have a female voice on the board again, I don't think Sara meets one of the main requirements of being a active member on the site. But, get her to join up and post a few productive posts and I'll add her to the list! Especially if she campaigns to give free caribou meat to all!
    Last edited by brdad; 01-16-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    While it'd be nice to have a female voice on the board again, I don't think Sara meets one of the main requirements of being a active member on the site. But, get her to join up and post a few productive posts and I'll add her to the list! Especially if she campaigns to give free caribou meat to all!
    Sheesh! That's what I tried to delete - you know I HATE political references in the forums, so I made a comment, thought better of it, and had a problem getting rid of it! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! That's what I tried to delete - you know I HATE political references in the forums, so I made a comment, thought better of it, and had a problem getting rid of it! LOL!
    I know, that's why I had to quote and respond! Now everyone can see you're human too.

In reality, there is nothing wrong with nominating a political figure if they meet the other qualifications (And actually she does not currently hold any office does she?)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Dan, give Di our condolences. And our condolences to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Just returned from the West Coast. Fun, but there was an unfortunate and untimely death on Di's side of the family and we couldn't get back in time for the service today so we're happy to be home but really in a funk over Di's nephew. I'll accept the nomination and will post something more positive soon.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Default Where are the other board members?

Let's hear from the rest of the current board members - are you in it for another run or not?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Let's hear from the rest of the current board members - are you in it for another run or not?
    I think that I'm bowing out for this one. With a new house and business VERY busy I have no spare time right now. I've only done 7 caches since the end of summer! The board position doesn't take much time, but I DO feel that I should log in every day to check on any issues. Being on the board has been interesting and everyone has seemed to work well together. I hope that the new mix does the same. Thanks to Dave for keeping the site running smoothly while Rick was on his journey last summer.

There are plenty of good nominees for this round of elections, and some new blood/ideas can't hurt. I think that keeping some current members would be good for continuity as well, but that's just my thoughts.

Hope to see many of you at Karen's event in a couple of weeks!

I will stay for another term if everyone wants me to.
    Blazing Troll