vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another "quietly getting it done" milestone

Thanks for the acknowledgements both here and the pm's. We can't pick a favorite but 5000 caches does come with a lot of stories and adventures: the Groleau caches, the Deathwish caches, the "en cours de construction" cache at 11,000ft in Colorado which was snowbound the next day, our encounter with a mother bear and cub, encounter with a rattlesnake, encounters with police and gamewardens, the hikes and snowshoes to the tops of mountains with "sherpa Charron schlepping" refreshments. Most importantly though is the time we have spent geocaching with friends, our son, our grandchildren...we have a new grandson as of last Friday to introduce to geocaching ...and our time together. I did have to buy a nuvi to navigate with as Charron had a habit of telling me to turn well after we went by it! It's been a great journey since that first cache "Homeworld" on Christmas Day of 2002! It's interesting to note that out of the first 10 caches we did, only 3 are still active. Thanks again!
    Wandering with a purpose!

I don't usually post in these "atta boy" threads . . . but Frank and Sharon are good people and top notch geocachers . . . for them it truly isn't about the numbers, but the experience. It has been my priviledge to have met them on the trail more than a few times.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee View Post
    Thanks for the acknowledgements both here and the pm's. We can't pick a favorite but 5000 caches does come with a lot of stories and adventures: the Groleau caches, the Deathwish caches, the "en cours de construction" cache at 11,000ft in Colorado which was snowbound the next day, our encounter with a mother bear and cub, encounter with a rattlesnake, encounters with police and gamewardens, the hikes and snowshoes to the tops of mountains with "sherpa Charron schlepping" refreshments. Most importantly though is the time we have spent geocaching with friends, our son, our grandchildren...we have a new grandson as of last Friday to introduce to geocaching ...and our time together. I did have to buy a nuvi to navigate with as Charron had a habit of telling me to turn well after we went by it! It's been a great journey since that first cache "Homeworld" on Christmas Day of 2002! It's interesting to note that out of the first 10 caches we did, only 3 are still active. Thanks again!
    A new grandson! Congratulation on another milestone! Explains why you didn't cache on Friday
    I really enjoy the responses when I ask for favorites or memorable experiences. Makes up for not getting to talk to everyone I want at events.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Whoa - 5000 caches?! We're in awe What a great way to spend quality time together. Congrats on the milestone and congrats on the new grand baby!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I always enjoy seeing your name in the logbook, and congratulate you. Walking in the woods with a grandchild is another advantage of this sport or game. We trudged one through the mud and puddles over the weekend, under two, and it is an enriching experience. Glad you have enjoyed so many great experiences since you started and your caching family is growing. That is what it is all about for me...great times with family and friends and great sights and adventures.... Here is to many more for you.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I hate to say this one more time but I will, remember when we had the same numbers?...LOL You guys certainly have taken this on full heartedly and it must be great being retired... I remember when I thought I was retired but that didn't last long enough til the money ran out. Hope if you get down south some time we might have the chance to get together once again. Congrats to a great caching couple.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.